White Owl fed by a Dove

Archives for 2007
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

White Owl fed by a Dove

Post by ArisenShine »

Good morning,

I/we(not sure who else) were working in a house, but I was trying to keep watch over our young (adolescent)birds. One was a white owl baby, and the other was a dove. Neither was fully grown yet, and hadn't got their adult plummage (still a bit of grey in the feathers), but I knew they would eventually be pure white.

Neither was caged. They had not met/seen each other yet. I was trying to check often while I worked, knowing/feeling that if they met while not in cages, the owl would attack the dove and injure or kill it.

Suddenly I looked up and saw they had found/met each other. "Too late!", I thought...'oh no...the owl will surely kill the dove'.

I was amazed at what I saw happening then..........(It was sooooooooooo cute/adorable/sweet!)
The young owl (which was much larger than the dove)had it's big beak wide open, and was apparently being fed by the dove.
The dove had it's beak INSIDE of the owls, and bobbing back and forth like when some mother birds (species) regurgitate food to feed their babies.

In the dream, it was just amazing :!:
Blessings,
Lee
BTW...when I awoke and was contemplating this dream, this thought came to me...not sure if it's me or the Lord...
"Wisdom.... fed by gentleness"
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
bithiah
Bronze Member

Post by bithiah »

"Wisdom.... fed by gentleness"

That's pretty much what I was thinking as I read.
givingthanks
Gold Member

Post by givingthanks »

arise.......beautiful picture of the owl and dove....
since this was a young owl, maybe, it represents one who is learning how to discern spirits...do you, by any chance, have this gifting?

young owl - discerning of spirits
fed by a dove - holy spirit teaching you

just a thought...please disregard if theres no witness...
Last edited by givingthanks on Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you..I Thes 5:18
new creature
Silver Member

Post by new creature »

Incredibly interesting entry on OWL: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Owl

(1.) Heb. bath-haya'anah, "daughter of greediness" or of "shouting." In the list of unclean birds (Lev. 11:16; Deut. 14:15); also mentioned in Job 30:29; Isa. 13:21; 34:13; 43:20; Jer. 50:39; Micah 1:8. In all these passages the Revised Version translates "ostrich" (q.v.), which is the correct rendering.

(2.) Heb. yanshuph, rendered "great owl" in Lev. 11:17; Deut. 14:16, and "owl" in Isa. 34:11. This is supposed to be the Egyptian eagle-owl (Bubo ascalaphus), which takes the place of the eagle-owl (Bubo maximus) found in Southern Europe. It is found frequenting the ruins of Egypt and also of the Holy Land. "Its cry is a loud, prolonged, and very powerful hoot. I know nothing which more vividly brought to my mind the sense of desolation and loneliness than the re-echoing hoot of two or three of these great owls as I stood at midnight among the ruined temples of Baalbek" (Tristram). The LXX. and Vulgate render this word by "ibis", i.e., the Egyptian heron.

(3.) Heb. kos, rendered "little owl" in Lev. 11:17; Deut. 14:16, and "owl" in Ps. 102:6. The Arabs call this bird "the mother of ruins." It is by far the most common of all the owls of Palestine. It is the Athene persica, the bird of Minerva, the symbol of ancient Athens.

(4.) Heb. kippoz, the "great owl" (Isa. 34:15); Revised Version, "arrow-snake;" LXX. and Vulgate, "hedgehog," reading in the text, kippod, instead of kippoz. There is no reason to doubt the correctness of the rendering of the Authorized Version. Tristram says: "The word [i.e., kippoz] is very possibly an imitation of the cry of the scops owl (Scops giu), which is very common among ruins, caves, and old walls of towns...It is a migrant, returning to Palestine in spring."

(5.) Heb. lilith, "screech owl" (Isa. 34:14, marg. and R.V., "night monster"). The Hebrew word is from a root signifying "night." Some species of the owl is obviously intended by this word. It may be the hooting or tawny owl (Syrnium aluco), which is common in Egypt and in many parts of Palestine. This verse in Isaiah is "descriptive of utter and perpetual desolation, of a land that should be full of ruins, and inhabited by the animals that usually make such ruins their abode."

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

givingthanks,
I assume your question was directed to me?
do you, by any chance, have this gifting?
Yes

new creature,
Thanks for the input, but this was a 'white' owl. I looked up white owl on the internet and it probably would be the snow owl/snowy owl which is only found in the north/artic places and is on the protected list. I read that this type hunts by day..not nocturnal. Also it's nomadic...follows the food source, often lemmings? Also eats vermin like rodents and hares, which w/o a preditor, would overpopulate the land?

I think of the owls as symbols of wisdom, too, and they bring to mind the counsel of owls (I think were white?) in C.S. Lewis's Narnia book...forget which one.

It was beeaauutiful, but young.

Thanks everyone,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
MeekandProsperous

Post by MeekandProsperous »

ArisenShine wrote:
new creature,
Thanks for the input, but this was a 'white' owl. I looked up white owl on the internet and it probably would be the snow owl/snowy owl which is only found in the north/artic places and is on the protected list. I read that this type hunts by day..not nocturnal. Also it's nomadic...follows the food source, often lemmings? Also eats vermin like rodents and hares, which w/o a preditor, would overpopulate the land?
Lee
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I would like to add and I haven't read all the posts but first when I read the title I immediately thought "wisdom and the Holy Spirit" which to me is the same thing because the Holy Spirit is the counselor, but I won't go into that because I just love talking about this kind of thing.

When I read this part that Arisenshine wrote which I hope I put in correctly a scripture immediately came to mind and I'll post it here.
John 11
9Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours of daylight? A man who walks by day will not stumble, for he sees by this world's light. 10It is when he walks by night that he stumbles, for he has no light."

I don't know if this has any relevance to you but I offer it up to you as a sacrifice for thought.

M&P
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Thanks for your input and the scripture, M&P...
That's interesting, beings I think I read that the snow owl is the ONLY owl which isn't nocturnal.

Been thinking..warning....rambling ahead. lol :lol:
Both of these birds might/would be illegal to keep as pets, and while they were apparently in my care for awhile, they probably didn't BELONG to me. (to my understanding, anyway...I believe wild birds aren't to be taken into captivity w/o special license? And some of the white 'doves' born/bred in cages/pet store variety, look more like white pigeons...so this one in the dream had to have been from the wild...born free?) Wild doves are soooooo beautiful...their 'cooing' sounds are haunting, in a good way. There EYES!!Oh my gosh...those EYES!

Long ago I had to care for one (not a white one), from the wild, for a short time, and up close it's beauty made me feel like crying. Then another time I had purchased a pair of tame/bred in captivity, white ones...and I saw the difference. The wild ones are more streamline, with gorgeous delicate heads/beaks, etc. The tame ones, more 'pigeon-like'.

It occurred to me that these 2 birds may actually represent 2 specific persons(individuals, or types of believers) and that those attributes of each bird are attributes/giftings within the persons.
Gentleness...a gentle spirit...in the dove, for one. "Let your gentleness be known to all men".

Something else that's interesting to me...is about 'lemmings'.
Lemmings are small rodents that occasionally have to migrate in groups, to find new food/territories. Some of these arctic (snowy)owls will often move with the lemmings to new territory.

Beyond the myths about lemmings, wikipedia gave this metaphor for a lemming: "...in reference to people who go along unquestioningly w/popular opinion, w/potentially dangerous or fatal consequences. This comes from the idea that while in groups, the lemmings follow wildly, sometimes even plunging or getting pushed over cliffs, etc. (like wildabeasts)

So...if the owl will grow up to be a rodent/lemming-eater....that might hold insight into a person's gifting/calling in the Lord's work.
Like the eagles devouring the snakes in one of R.Joyner's books?

Blessings,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
givingthanks
Gold Member

Post by givingthanks »

arise....yes my comment was directed to you....as i felt that the young white owl was referring to your gifting...discerner of spirits....and how the Holy Spirit was feeding you the information...so dont be afraid to step out when you have something because your source is pure and holy....
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you..I Thes 5:18
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Hi ya Lee,

Here is what I am seeing. I see the owl and the dove as two things actually, I think. The owl is representing wisdom eg knowledge of the Lord, the Bible, Theology type thinking. The dove is the Holy Spirit. I also see the owl and the dove as two types of people, the owl full of wisdom and in need of the Holy Spirit to feed him. The dove full of the Holy Spirit and able to feed the owl who has the "head" knowledge and lacks Spiritual understanding.

Now the house part........is this dream revealing a calling to you?
Are you to minister to these type people?

Indeed, if one is left alone with the other before maturity they would hurt one another. Often do :cry:

Coming to me also is "free the Spirit of Wisdom".

Bless you,
Joy
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Thanks, ladies!

'givingthanks'...I am blessed by what you said. Thank you.

Joy...very keen insights, my dear. It all meshes with the other input, I think.
Now the house part........is this dream revealing a calling to you?
Are you to minister to these type people?
Perhaps...if I'm ever taken off the shelf, lol.

Bless you all, and thanks again, (((hugs)))
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Father God, I ask that you take Lee off that shelf and bring her into Your Kingdom to do your good work. In Jesus Name. Amen

:wink:
Joy
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Father God, I ask that you take Lee off that shelf and bring her into Your Kingdom to do your good work. In Jesus Name. Amen
Joy......you have no idea what you just said.

I have been a total recluse for awhile. Today I 'went out' for the first time in 3 months. The last church really did a number on me.....but it was for my good....NO more religious spirit...EVER! NO more man-pleasing...EVER!

I Know I needed to learn and process it all, and it was for a reason....and it's taken awhile of solitude to 'get it'.. I want...when I get 'off the shelf'...to be of better reall service to the Lord!

God bless you...sweet sister in the Lord!
Lee
p.s. Today...in a social gathering...the LORD used gifts in me...incredibly!.(which won't be used when I'm hidden away)..I know He wants to use again, more.
Last edited by ArisenShine on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Praise Jesus!
I actually had "shove her off the shelf" and retyped take her off :P

I just read a book by R. Loren Sandford titled Understanding Prophetic People, Blessings and Problems with the Prophetic Gift.
If you don't have it already, I think you'd enjoy it.

Somethings have happened to me and I know that I was ok with the Lord and if it had gotten worse I'd really felt like Job. I began to wonder Lord why? I knew He had control and still all these things happened, why, why, why. I missed most of the summer months of church. Was going 3 and sometimes 4 times a week. Dumped the small ministry I took care of and left it pretty much. It's so easy to love the Lord when things are hunky dorey, but will we still love Him when they aren't. Not saying Lee that the "wilderness" won't continue for a time but we can't set home and not use God's gifts that will help others. There seems to be a time of "testing" for some of us but when we come out we will be better equipped for His service.
Jesus has already put so much into you that you need to share.
:oops: Hmm, I'm preaching to the choir.....................

Hugs and Love,
Joy
liladreamsfire
Silver Member

Post by liladreamsfire »

Hey this is so cool I just posted on the vision I had last month of a white owl taking flight in the sky, and just about two weeks ago I saw 4 white doves fly towards my car I dont think there related but How awesome to see this in your dream!
you have said seek my face, my heart says to you your face Lord I do seek"

Psalm 27:8
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Bless you,
Some of our 'older' dreams are given ahead of their time...making them somewhat prophetic....or at least the Lord would have us revisit them in the future, and they make more sense and also build one's faith that God is totally in control.

This is one.
Thank you for your faithfulness in bringing it back up for me to revisit. I'd all but forgotten it. It has way more relevance to me now than when I dreamed it.

Bless you
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....