Pop Song During Worship?

Archived Dreams from 2014
dreamer33
Silver Member

Pop Song During Worship?

Post by dreamer33 »

Greetings!

Well i had this dream a day ago. It goes like this.

There was this person on the stage of my church. His name is Daniel. He suddenly came up and was leading the congregation with this popular "punjabi Pop song" title Tunak Tunak Tun

Well i was surprised of what he was doing. The other thing that i saw on the stage was a video clip of this song was being projected. I could see a few people dancing to the tune of this song. The question that came to my thought was, why is he asking the congregation to sing this song? Another thought that came to my mind was, is he misleading the church?

In real i don't even know this language. But i did google to find the lyrics of this song and i would like to post it here!

There are few links or article i copied from the internet that i would like to post it:

1) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Tunak Tunak Tun"
Song by Daler Mehndi from the album Tunak Tunak Tun
Released 1998
Genre Bhangra
Label Magnasound
Writer Daler Mehndi

Multiple images of Daler Mehndi performing the distinctive dance move
"Tunak Tunak Tun" (Punjabi: ਤੁਣਕ ਤੁਣਕ ਤੁਣ) or simply "Tunak", is a bhangra/pop love song by Indian artist Daler Mehndi released in 1998. At the time, critics complained that Mehndi's music was only popular due to his videos that featured beautiful women dancing.[1] Mehndi's response was to create a video that featured only himself. The song and video were successes in India. It also became an international internet meme.[2] As of April 2012, all the uploads of the song have been viewed over 7.1 million times collectively on YouTube, the highest viewed one having over 4 million views.

The music video was the first made in India using bluescreen technology,[1] which allowed the singer to superimpose his image over various computer-generated backgrounds such as desert and mountain landscapes and St. Basil's Cathedral.

2) Tunak Tunak Tun Lyrics,Meaning & English Translation.Daler Mehndi
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »

Song: Tunak Tunak Tun
Artist: Daler Mehndi

Lyrics of Tunak Tunak Tun With English Translation and meaning of difficult words

Dholna, vaje toombe vali taar
Sun dil di pukar
Aaja kar liye pyaar,
Dholna

Sweetheart, the strings of 'toomba'(instrument) play
Listen to what the heart says
Come and love me, Sweetheart

Duniya yaara rang-birangi
Na eh bhaidi na eh changi

The world is full of colors
Its neither good nor bad

Sun yaara bole iktaara
Mehndi Da Yaaraa

Listen to what 'iktaara'(instrument) says
Mehndi's beloved

Dholna kadeh mere naal hass
Mainu dil wali dass
Nahin taan teri meri bass
Dholna

Sweetheart, come smile with me sometimes
Tell me what's in your heart
Otherwise, its over between you and me
Sweetheart

Dholna tu chann main chakor
Saade warga na hor
Rabb hath saadi dor
Dholna

Sweetheart, you are moon and I am 'chakor'(A mythical bird that looks at the moon continuously and is in love with it)
There is no one like us
Our life is in hands of god
Sweetheart

Well, when i was reading the lyrics, it was like those words from the book of Songs of Solomon. But can anyone share your insights of what could this dream actually mean?

Can pop song be sung in church? Confused?

Praise Be to God.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Pop Song During Worship?

Post by bella »

As I was reading the lyrics I thought it sounded like the Somg of Solomon too

God has spoken to me many times in songs that aren't church songs. The thing with music is that it touches a different part of us than the mundane. Notice how you can be doing anything and still have music going through your mind or heart, way in the background?

Anyway, I think God can use anything He wants to get His message across. It's a religious spirit that says we can only listen to "Christian" songs.