The Swimming Pool

Archived Dreams from 2015
JesusReigns

The Swimming Pool

Post by JesusReigns »

Hello. Looking for insight into this recent dream. Any input greatly appreciated.

I found myself in a building, which housed a swimming pool. Not just any swimming pool, but one very like the one I used in my early high school years.

In order to get to the pool area, I had to cross an office-like room with long horizontal windows that overlooked the pool area. This was the room I was in, and I was not alone. There was a girl sitting at the desk, facing the window. It is a girl who was previously a love interest of my current husband. This is not normally a person I enjoy being around because I find it to be really awkward. So ideally in the dream, I didn't want her to notice me. Yet I had to cross the room, including her, in order to get to the pool, which was my destination. For some odd reason, I take the conspicuous route; rather than walking behind her, and avoiding notice, I quickly walk in front of her, and past her. There was almost some force to it. I don't understand why I took this route in the dream, although it is not one I would have done in real life. As I reach the door leading to the pool area, I do not look back.

The pool area was very comfortable. There weren't many swimming, so the pool wasn't crowded. It almost felt like I stepped back in time to my high school days. Youthful people. Carefree. I felt comfortable, and already forgot my husband's ex in the office.

I entered the pool and swam with ease to the other side. I was even a little surprised at my ability. When I reached the end of my lane on the other side of the pool, there was a strange object that I could not make out. But it was in my way. So when I got to it, I grabbed it and immediately threw it out of the water.

Thanks in advance for any input. God bless.
Last edited by JesusReigns on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JesusReigns

Post by JesusReigns »

anyone?
JesusReigns

Re: The Swimming Pool

Post by JesusReigns »

anyone?
simpleservent
Bronze Member

Post by simpleservent »

JesusReigns,

The buildings in your dream are significant because they reflect specific areas in ones life. Not sure if you might be revisiting your past going back to a time (high school). Possibly there could be an unresolved issues needing closure. The detours could signify trying to avoid a confrontation with ackward situation as you stated. Not knowing why your taking that route could suggest that you have not got pass personal reactions. Forcing is your way of getting beyond but ready to move forward and at the destination you want to be, comfortable and not looking back. Pools can represent blessings,and a mode of refreshing oneself to me. The strange object is an obstacle that you are ovecoming by tossing it to the side, your not letting it effect you. Sometimes in dreams we are able to resolve issues by confronting them and handling them. You may be acting out past disturbances that may still be effecting. It could represent a form of overcoming. Not sure if this will help prayerfully see how this effects your life in the present. Disregard if it doesn't witness to you, its suggestions by your symbols and actions. Maybe others will give their insights. God bless,

Lizzy
The Old Testament contains glimpses and promises of the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2, 6:3; Zechariah 4:6 and the Spirit rested on Jesus from His birth (Luke 1:35).
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom JR.

Quick question: do you minister to others in some capacity?

My thoughts are that this issue with this girl is something you need to deal with head on in order to get to your destination. Forgiving her and your husband and putting the past under The Blood is the only way to deal directly with the situation. By doing this you cast that care to the Lord which I see reflected in you feeling carefree in the pool. This step of faith also allows you to get to your destination effortlessly. The foreign object in the pool reminds me of the scripture where Jesus tells us to remove the planck in our own eye so that we can see clearly enough to remove the speck in our brother's eye.

Praying He sheds His Light and gives you Truth. Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
JesusReigns

Post by JesusReigns »

Thank you both. I certainly feel there are unresolved issues that I have been struggling to give to the Lord. I do appreciate the scripture reference. Gives the matter a new angle of perspective.
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

Praying for Gods goodness and Blessings for you and your family.
Love Hope
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.❤