Pregnancy test

Archived Dreams from 2015
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Pregnancy test

Post by cgwaltney »

I'm in bed and see my mom standing off to the side. I told her I haven't gotten my monthly period and she tells me to take pregnancy test. So I take the test in bed and set my phone timer for three minutes. I was anxiously awaiting the results of the test. The timer on my phone starts beeping. I turn it off and look at the pregnancy test results. It reads, "Pregnant." I remember thinking I conceived so quickly! I didn't want my mom to know first though. So I tell my husband the news. Then I'm in my parents living room and my parents are sitting on the couch. I tell them I'm pregnant but, I'm not feeling well (nausea). My dad replies, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that." I was surprised because my dad usually isn't one to be compassionate. And then I woke up. I know most pregnancy dreams are usually take symbolically. Though when I look at my dream it seems to be literal. Any thoughts? Thanks : )

Blessings!
Cory
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Re: Pregnancy test

Post by cgwaltney »

Bump.
Cory
firewater
Silver Member

Post by firewater »

My wife & I are currently trying for a baby (for around 4 months). So I can identify with some of the ups & downs in this process. I realise it can become a very sensitive issue the longer the wait. But it seems from the dream you have not been waiting long(?)

I'm in bed (Place of rest & peace) and see my mom (mother in early part of dream when the dream is about becoming a mother) standing off to the side (Supporting but not over-bearing.). I told her I haven't gotten my monthly period (A natural outward sign of pregnancy) and she tells me to take pregnancy test (A medically assisted sign). So I take the test in bed (Significant I think in the suggestion to remain in that place of rest & peace- Abiding in Christ in the process.) and set my phone timer for three minutes (Number for unity & completeness. Phones can symbolise prayer.). I was anxiously awaiting (I think this is where the battle lies in the process- Not to be anxious Phil 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7 ) the results of the test. The timer on my phone starts beeping (The "test" (Perhaps some tests along the way) has been completed). I turn it off and look at the pregnancy test results. It reads, "Pregnant." I remember thinking I conceived so quickly! (Timing that is quick for the Lord can be slow for us, so I wouldn't take this as being 100% literal, but it may be.) I didn't want my mom to know first though. So I tell my husband the news (Sounds like your family relationships are in good order.). Then I'm in my parents living room (Where life is lived) and my parents are sitting (People sit when their work is done. In the context of your dream this can refer to their work in preparing you to be a parent.) on the couch (Emphasis on them relaxing & a sign of their confidence in you in this role). I tell them I'm pregnant but, I'm not feeling well (nausea){There may be some challenges along the way, but your Heavenly Father is always with you & will see you through.}. My dad replies, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that." I was surprised because my dad usually isn't one to be compassionate (When parents' children have their own children, it can bring out a facet of the parents that has not been seen before. Perhaps also some symbolism of your compassate Heavenly Father who would have another child of God).

You dream seems to focus around the conception rather than the birth process. As you mentioned dreams of pregnancy can be symbolic & at the conception phase can represent someting like a new idea, project, ministry, business etc. Are you & your husband thinking about starting anything new that would take a lot of care & responsibility into the future? Sometimes both can happen at the same time. I know a pastor who planted a church the year their baby was born. Now whenever he looks at his daughter, he can have an idea about the stage of growth of the church.

Sometimes these dreams can also be our subconscious reflecting those things that are on our heart. My gut feel is that this in not the case in your dream except perhaps in relation to some anxiety.

Key themes from your dream from my perspective are:
- Phil 4:6-7 in the waiting process
- There may be some challenges & tests along the way, but your Heavenly Father is always with you & will see you through.
- The sense of support from your parents & that you are ready.

It could also be prophetic in the sense of a promise of a child.
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Post by cgwaltney »

Thanks for the reply!

To start off, my brother had this dream about me in March of this year:

"My brother had this dream about me that he felt compelled to share with me. He dreamed that we were in my bedroom and I told him I was pregnant. His said, 'Wow, you conceived only 3 months of having your second child!' Then my husband appeared and said, "I hope it's a boy!" My brother said his feelings in the dream were of being surprised but, happy for me."

When he told me this dream, I immediately knew it was from the LORD. Because during the time I was praying to God if my husband and I were going to have anymore children. So when my brother tells me this dream, I believed it was the His answer.

Fast forward to last Sunday I was praying to the LORD asking Him about my brother's dream. Because I earnestly thought I would be pregnant with my third child. I took my doubts and frustrations to Him.

Then that night I have this dream:

"I'm in bed and see my mom standing off to the side. I told her I haven't gotten my monthly period and she tells me to take pregnancy test. So I take the test in bed and set my phone timer for three minutes. I was anxiously awaiting the results of the test. The timer on my phone starts beeping. I turn it off and look at the pregnancy test results. It reads, "Pregnant." I remember thinking I conceived so quickly! I didn't want my mom to know first though. So I tell my husband the news. Then I'm in my parents living room and my parents are sitting on the couch. I tell them I'm pregnant but, I'm not feeling well (nausea). My dad replies, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that." I was surprised because my dad usually isn't one to be compassionate. And then I woke up."

So after this dream, I'm believing that the LORD is telling me that I'm literally going to get pregnant.

Then last night I decided I was going to take a pregnancy test the following morning and then I had this dream:

"I was in my bedroom and I take out the pregnancy test. It's in a huge box. I'm opening it up and taking out the instructions. Then I hear my husband approaching the room. I try to hide the evidence so to speak but, he enters. I then immediately cover the box with the body so he can't look. He asks jokingly, "What is that?" And I say, "Nothing, don't look." Then he leaves the room and I take the box and hide it under our dresser. After that, I'm in the bathroom and take a pregnancy test and it reads, "Not pregnant". And then I woke up.

This morning I anxiously took a pregnancy test and it's negative. Now I don't know what to believe. I'm confused and disappointed. :|
Cory
firewater
Silver Member

Post by firewater »

Just setting aside the dreams for a moment, what do you believe the Lord is saying to you?

Have any scriptures been on your mind?

Sometimes if we think about something too much we can lose clarity. I'd suggest focusing on other things for a few days & coming back to it later.
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Post by cgwaltney »

I believe the LORD is telling me that I am going to have more children. Whether it be now or later, I will have more!
Cory
firewater
Silver Member

Post by firewater »

Hold onto that. God bless.
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Post by kbasmommy »

Hi,

Just wanted to share that When I read your dream this verse came to mind. "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."-◄ Psalm 37:4 ►

God bless!
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Post by cgwaltney »

Update! I just found out I'm pregnant! I'm beyond thankful that God gave me a dream beforehand as a means of His grace and faithfulness.
Cory
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

:s7:
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Post by kbasmommy »

Wow! Congrats!!!!!
cgwaltney