Focus in dreams

Archived Dreams from 2015
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Focus in dreams

Post by BlueDreamer »

How do you know who or what a dream is about? And do you think interpreting dreams is very simple or difficult?
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Focus in dreams

Post by bella »

My experience:

Sometimes I have NO idea (quite a bit actually) what it's about.
Sometimes I have an idea, but need help with symbolism.
Sometimes I have most of it, but need help with little bits.
Other times, I get a revelation like a camera flash and just KNOW exactly what's going on.
Sometimes the interpretation is within the dream.
Some times it doesn't make sense at first, then God gives me bits like pieces of a puzzle.

E.g. I once had a dream with a plane falling from the sky and instead of it being called an F1-11, it was called an F11. Strange, I thought. Then at work, a colleague held up a "dashboard" - a management planning tool - and said "it's just like the cockpit of an F11" (he used to get his words wrong all the time). At that moment, I KNEW the dream was about work and a destruction that was coming regarding management decisions, represented by the F11 falling out of the sky.

I can't always tell if a dream is a God dream because of colour, because I mostly dream in colour. Hardly ever dream in black and white.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

How do you know who or what a dream is about? And do you think interpreting dreams is very simple or difficult?

Genesis 40:8 (AMP) | In Context | Whole Chapter

8 And they said to him, We have dreamed dreams, and there is no one to interpret them. And Joseph said to them, Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me [your dreams], I pray you.

Joseph being a Jew in covenant with God had the ABILITY to access God and His Wisdom. The Egyptians, the World or those outside the covenant are cut off, not connected to The Source so none had the ability to interpret dreams. I find it interesting that Joseph never once said to Pharoah that the dream might not be from God. He simply said interpretation belongs to God.

Is dream interp easy or difficult? I believe it depends on the condition of your heart. If you look up the word parables, it can mean aside by side illustration; when we dream we should ask Him how this "asllep info" coincides with the info we receive when we are awake.

9 He who has ears [to hear], let him be listening and let him [a]consider and perceive and comprehend by hearing.
10 Then the disciples came to Him and said, Why do You speak to them in parables?
11 And He replied to them, To you it has been given to know the secrets and mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
12 For whoever has [spiritual knowledge], to him will more be given and he will [c]be furnished richly so that he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
13 This is the reason that I speak to them in parables: because [d]having the power of seeing, they do not see; and [e]having the power of hearing, they do not hear, nor do they grasp and understand.
14 In them indeed is [f]the process of fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah, which says: You shall indeed hear and hear but never grasp and understand; and you shall indeed look and look but never see and perceive.
15 For this nation’s heart has grown gross (fat and dull), and their ears heavy and difficult of hearing, and their eyes they have tightly closed, lest they see and perceive with their eyes, and hear and comprehend the sense with their ears, and grasp and understand with their heart, and turn and I should heal them.
16 But blessed (happy, fortunate, and [g]to be envied) are your eyes because they do see, and your ears because they do hear.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

well i've heard that all dreams are about yourself and only sometimes can be interpreted for someone else.

but JPJ says the observing and participating are the ways to tell.

and i normally think that with a dream, it's not all the details that matter but the main points like an outline. because only the dreamer can know the entire meaning of a dream and relate them to his/her life. i don't think a dream would be super difficult to interpret.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

exactly +95% of dreams are about the dreamer themselves. Only 5% or less of dreams are for others or for corporate needs. There are a few different ways of tackling and learning dream interpretation skills... but, no matter the method, the only real way is to do it on your own dreams, build your own dream dictionary with God so to speak. You have a dream, you get an interpretation, and then when the dream comes to pass you reflect on where you went right/wrong with the original interpretation and correct it for next time. The next time God uses the same type of symbology you will hear His voice much more clearer and understand better what He is trying to communicate to you in your dream.
simpleservent
Bronze Member

Post by simpleservent »

Hi to all,

For me dream interpretations can be as mention like a puzzle. From what I have learned some things when I wake up and don't remember for me is being hidden and for me to search it out. If I am trying to assist someone with their dreams, I try to see if I know a little about them first whether they are a believer or not. I try to use the opportunity not just to interpret but to polish and learn for ministry because this is one reason the Lord gives revelation, to search it out as everyone knows. Usually what I do is I write out the dream I list the symbols, characters (people) to distinguish if they are known to me or not, if a charcter is known then I try to see what they represent to me and what part of that characteristic will be speaking to me in a dream about myself if it applies. Now when the dream if for an unknown person. I ask the Holy Spirit to show me lead me while I search in the scriptures which is my first source and see how it is used. It can be dificult but when unknown, I only suggest unless the Lord reveals something, or places it in my heart what to say. Sometimes you just know. I posted a dream here and was not sure at first, I knew part then after pondering a few days, I realize what the Lord was telling. Part I had to die to myself! Ouch! but it's a very good thing. If the dream are warning dreams, for another person, a city or something, I am watching everything and I don't participate It could by to pray only or a person known, I let them know exactly what the Lord wants them to know but always giving encouragement scriputally to soften things in love. I agree dreams are pretty much more about where we are in our spiritual walk if we are believers, then you got the junk dreams, the excessive scenes, things maybe that are troubling or seen during the day those I ignore. Also the enemy plants dreams to, those are pretty easy to know, when your being attack (clue) or creating fear, God dreams are uplifting, directional, encouraging and sometimes discipline but He does it in Love always, forgiving and always pointing out the little flaws that need to be corrected.

The color ones yes are from the Lord. However, sometimes the Lord will place an object and highlight that for me, and then I will see part black and white (rare but I pay attention). He is showing me what the enemy wants to do behind the scenes. Example: I was walking around a city street, I have a beautiful Red wine color car parked. I walked into a home and the scence changed. It was just two scenes. Inside the home I saw people having a furneral one girl was barely alive and the other was dead. The people wanted me to make me do something I did not want and trying to force me and go in some procession (sp?). I later realize it had to do with ministry and the enemy was trying to derail me from my walk. So black and white dreams are very rare, but they do let you know sometimes, what the enemy is planing to do. Sometimes you just have to take that step and try to interpret, if the Lord wants you to know right away, you will know, if you don't understand, you share with believers and from there you also have to search it out. Sometimes, I get the meaning of something way, way later, even month later or more but I think its because thats the way the Lord wants it for me for a reason and to build my dream language. A dream will often give you direction of what the next step to take if its about you from the Lord. I tend to be slow sometimes, but He is patient. I actually don't get many dreams that I feel are significant, but I pray and I do write many down, as I have for years. Never arriving but always in submission to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach me, most symbols for me are straight out the bible, and some I have to use dictionary and seek from there. Many symbols come up in past dreams so I know what they are already but its important to me to start keeping those symbols logged. Now If I get stuck, I seek believers advise and its about the context, feelings for me then I move down my list and try to weed out whats not neccesary. Highlighted symbols those you want to know what they are, the close up ones too, name meaning, and so on. Only the Lord can give you the answer but he also leads you to see a matter out as everyone already knows. I am passionate for years with dreams because thats the medium he speaks mostly to me, unless I have visions and they are not often and some I don't even get them at all (a picture, still) The moving ones thats present or past and those I get, word of knowledge type. Sorry for the long post.

God bless,
Lizzy
The Old Testament contains glimpses and promises of the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2, 6:3; Zechariah 4:6 and the Spirit rested on Jesus from His birth (Luke 1:35).
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

It is said that if one is participating in the dream, it is about the dreamer. If one is merely looking on at what is happening, it is not about the dreamer. Sometimes the dream can be a combination of both.