Cats

Archived Dreams from 2015
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Cats

Post by BlueDreamer »

Can a cat in a dream ever be good? I had a dream about a black cat and it had green eyes. We were really close and I loved the cat and he was just a pet. I don't think it is significant that he is black because it's a cat of someone I knew who is black with a different name but I remember the eyes being green and me thinking about how green they were. The cat wasn't bad at all.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Cats

Post by bella »

Sure they can be good. Just as you described, black cats can be something you love. A pet. I had a black dog who was the most beautiful creature in the world. When I dreamed of him, always good, but other black dog dreams were yuck. Within one dream, some black dogs were good and some very bad.

When I think of a black cat with green eyes, I think of beauty, but someone else may say witchcraft. What is the feeling in the dream? If no feeling, then what does it mean to you?

Hope that helps.
rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

yes I think most animals can be good or bad.

Only ever had one bad dream about dogs. Other people have had the dog turn out to be Jesus as in their best friend.

From what you wrote Blue Dreamer, seems that the focus is on the eyes.

So green eyes could be jealousy or envy but also the emerald is one of the stones of the twelve tribes of Judah. Baraq is the Hebrew for emerald and means lightning. Cats eyes are good for seeing in the dark and of course there are the cats eyes on the motorways to guide you.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

It depends on how the Lord is using the symbol with you and how He speaks to you. For me the Lord used a Black lab puppy for many years to speak to me about my spirit like I was that little lost puppy that He was searching for. If a black cat was a good symbol for you then it is entirely possible that the Lord can use it to speak to you in a good way as well, it all depends on context in the dream of course.
lizzy
Bronze Member

Post by lizzy »

Cats as personal pets can mean something precious.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

lizzy wrote:Cats as personal pets can mean something precious.
Absolutely, they can. They can also represent a 'pet sin' which we tend to avoid. As always, depends on context. Papa speaks to each of us in a language we can understand. Even so, it's impossible to intepret a symbol out of context. Not to mention outright dangerous.

Just a reminder to all that offerings presented in this forum are just that...OFFERINGS. All should be taken to Himself in prayer. Interpretation belongs to the Lord.

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17