context

Archived Dreams from 2015
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

context

Post by BlueDreamer »

How can you tell how to read context? If you're dream is positive are all of the symbols positive? Or if one part is bad are the symbols related to that negative?
DownPour

Re: context

Post by DownPour »

BlueDreamer wrote:How can you tell how to read context? If you're dream is positive are all of the symbols positive? Or if one part is bad are the symbols related to that negative?
You can't put dreams in a box. The problem with many dreamers is they want their dreams to be all sweet and full of promises or they want to think God is giving them information about other people when fact is most our dreams are instructional or correcting and about ourselves.

Although we can learn to interpret symbols and context, we cant get a full picture of meaning without leading and insight from the Holy Spirit

Some dreams ahve promises in them too of coursse, but:

“In a dream, a vision of the night,
When sound sleep falls on men,
While they slumber in their beds,
16 Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction,
17 That He may turn man aside from his conduct,
And keep man from pride
;
18 He keeps back his soul from the pit,
And his life from passing over into Sheol
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

What context basically means is the meaning of any one symbol as compared to the meaning within the whole dream. Sometimes I will take the 10000 foot view of a dream, ie step out of the dream and see what the general flow of the dream is. Sometimes individual symbols can help you get an idea of what is going on in the dream, but you need to develop your own symbol language with the Lord. ie think of the symbols more as general guidelines. The most important thing I have found is applying Godly discernment and deciding if a dream is just one of the 90% dreams that come out of our own souls and are just our brains way of dealing with daily activities, or if the dream is special and it is the Lord trying to get through. Once you decide it is a dream from the Lord, next ask Him what is the meaning of the dream, never forget the importance of prayer and deepening your relationship with the Lord. Hope this helps some.

in Christ,
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

@DownPour - well said
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17