A penny on his Dad's new grave mound

Archived Dreams from 2015
shine
Diamond Member

A penny on his Dad's new grave mound

Post by shine »

I had this dream a couple of weeks ago. . .and didn't know what to make of it. But was just now on fb and saw an article about military leaving coins on the headstones of fallen soldiers. And other situations. Apparently a penny is significant of a visit. A nickle meant you trained with the person. A dime meant you had served with them. A quarter was if you were with the soldier when he died.

In my dream, I was at two homes which were connected by property touching & deciding which one to park the car at (i was to visit both places). When I got out of car, and went to my fathers house I saw him lean over and put a penny on his father's grave mound.
The scene: The house was open and more like ancient Rome style. Very beautiful but no closed off walls. In the Covered area leading to the front of the house, There was a new grave, as in it was mounded dirt pretty high. . . and my dad bent down and placed a penny over what i thought could be where his face was. (my thought on waking: Was he trying to hold the eyes down?).

Considering my dad's dad has been dead since my dad was 3 years old. . .what significance do you see in this dream???
Please share your thoughts. Thanks soo much!
Jesus is the Saviour
shine
Diamond Member

Re: A penny on his Dad's new grave mound

Post by shine »

I meant to say. . .share your thoughts on what the significance of a penny on the grave means -as a symbol, please.
Jesus is the Saviour
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom shine! Well, I wonder if you don't already have the meaning to the penny? Did you feel like something was still missing?

In terms of penny, a penny for your thoughts is the only other thing that comes to mind.

While reading through your dream, some things came to mind. I thought of the two houses as the two generations--dad, dad's dad. You are visiting them both. This makes me wonder if this has to do with re-visiting a generational call?

A fallen soldier would be one who went home in the midst of battle and maybe didn't get to fulfill all God had for them to do.

Your dad trying to hold his dad's eyes down--maybe a reflection of the fact that he didn't want his dad to see that he maybe didn't accomplish as much as he would like to have had in life?

Just putting some thoughts out there and praying the Spirit of Truth will lead you into all truth! Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Thanks so much Keilani ~ what you said makes me look at this a little differently. And questioning the penny significance. . .I was looking for a prophetic meaning. Which I think you actually gave - with my dad not wanting his dad to see his life (so to speak).

I think this is certainly more and definitely generational related. And I have to say as my dad is getting older himself & with health issues. . .
I want him to accept salvation. I am not sure if his father was saved. . .he took his and my grandmothers life when my dad was just 3 years old.

Thanks again for your insights & taking time with this question :)
Jesus is the Saviour
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

God bless you shine! You have a wonderful PROMISE of household salvation just because you believe in Jesus! Hold fast to that Word! It doesn't matter what it looks like, if you'll stand fast, He is faithful to do it! Adding my faith to yours and praying His best for every area of your life, you and your family's lives!
***More To Come***

and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Oh! And in terms of what you shared about your grandpa, maybe dad has wondered all these years why his father did that? If that is the case, maybe the penny for your thoughts would make sense?

Praying for healing and restoration of your dad's heart as well. God is able!
***More To Come***

shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Thanks again Keilani! Thanks for edifying especially to hold fast to the promise of salvation. I have prayed fervently!!! I know prayer will be answered. . .but with how things go and as the spirit leads I know more prayer is used to cover the situation and circumstances of the heart. Timing is important too - and I rely on Holy Spirit the whole way. It is exciting to see God at work. I really look forward to the day that my Dad becomes a believer and dives back into the bible. I love to discuss the bible with my husband & I would soo love to have bible discussions with my dad!

As far as my Dad wondering why his dad killed himself & his mom. . .we know most of it - but my belief is that also there was a lot of oppression to bring that on. The time frame was, I guess about 73 years ago. Around the time where men were starting to have to pay child support (or spousal) welfare was just beginning. Since it was the depression my grandfather and most of his brothers and friends etc were heavy drinkers. They were "country folk". My grandmother told him to leave (because of bad behavior & always being intoxicated). He did not pay support money & was subsequently jailed. Apparently several times for that reason. The last time, he told his cell mate that he would not be back. That his wife was going to take him back or he would kill her & himself. The cell mate did let people know what he said. My grandmother's younger brother went to be with her to protect her. . .but when it started to happen - he ran away. . .he was too young. Soo very sad.
All of his brothers pretty much ended up dying by there on hand. So not a good history there.
Jesus is the Saviour