Silver Engraved Engagement Rings

Archived Dreams from 2015
winterjade
Bronze Member

Silver Engraved Engagement Rings

Post by winterjade »

Hello everyone

In my dream, my child's father came all the way to see me in the middle of the night and found his way to where I was staying. I believe I was with a relative with my family because it was not my house. I wasn't particularly happy or excited to see him nor was I mad that he came but I wondered "What is he doing here in the middle of the night? Why did he come all the way here?"

I saw he had 2 thick silver rings in his hand that were engraved on the outside. I believe one of the rings that I was holding had INDE engraved and there was also a red ruby stone on it. I read online that INDE means azure-colored; of a bright blue color. He eagerly came to just show me the rings. I just held them in my hand and carefully observed the rings. I didn't take the rings and I gave them back to him because I wasn't satisfied although I appreciated his heart. I said, "No I don't like these rings." I knew that the rings were precious to him and they meant a lot because it seemed like he had to really work to get the rings (like working for something he can't afford). The rings had value and looked fancy but it was not heavy silver and they felt very light as if it was made out of inexpensive metal.

I remember thinking that I really wished that I had the desire to take the rings (since they meant a lot to him) but I didn't accept it because I didn't want to settle just for those rings. However, not out of rejecting him or because I don't like him but out of disappointment and it seemed like that disappointment created an uncertain drift or distance. When I gave back the rings he looked upset but he was understanding and not completely discouraged but also somewhat determined as if he was going to come back with a better set of rings and just walked away.

I've been asking the Lord for some confirmation regarding my relationship with my child's father. We have been together for couple years now. We definitely made mistakes when we were younger but we both love the Lord and I believe God is refining us while we are trying to find our path, running towards our calling. Despite our many troubles and the many times I felt like giving up, I've been patiently holding on believing that God has a plan for us both together as a couple. I always pray that He will make our wrongs right and that everything we've been through will be a testimony one day if that is His will. My child's father has come a long way in terms of his character and attitude but I feel that God still more work to do in Him! And likewise. When we fight and bicker a lot, I get discouraged and feel that maybe this isn't God's will. I've been feeling very confused lately and in desperate need of some guidance. I would appreciate any words regarding this dream. Thank you!
Last edited by winterjade on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
winterjade
Bronze Member

Re: Silver Engraved Engagement Rings

Post by winterjade »

Any thoughts?
Last edited by winterjade on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi winterjade,

I know from previous posts that you are a very discerning and sensible person. I don't have an answer for you on your dream because I found that I could go either way in bringing an interpretation on symbols. Sometimes dreams don't appear to give an answer and I don't know why God does that????? I do know that we shouldn't make decisions based on a dream, but if a dream is CLEAR it can help. AND I think, often, it's up to us who we marry. God has given us free will and won't tell us who to marry.
I've been feeling very confused lately and in desperate need of some guidance.
It's a big decision to make. I know once before you had a dream about getting married. Does that help you now? Anyway, I think being led by peace is a good thing. Apart from actually making wedding plans, would it help if you imagined yourself moving forward into wedding plans? How do you feel? If you imaging splitting from this person and never marrying, how do you feel? This may not be THE answer, but it might just help bring clarity.

Has anyone close to you, who's spiritual perception you know to be true, given you any input?
winterjade
Bronze Member

Post by winterjade »

Thank you Bella for the response and your words! I know at the end of the day it is my choice and I'm not expecting a blunt "yes or no" answer from God but I do wish He would give me some subtle guidance. I will keep in mind and ask myself those questions!
Last edited by winterjade on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I WISH I had an answer for you. I can only go by my own experience, because I find God oddly silent on this subject. And I don't understand why there are so many fabulous christian women out there who can't find a man to marry. I do tend to agree that it's a good idea not to rush in and marry just because you have children together. I've known christians who marry just because they've been "living in sin" etc and it hasn't fared well for them at all. So many horror stories of weird christian breakups. It's astounding.

I've had some odd experiences in this area. God told me who he had picked for me (showed me a picture of the person). I had never met him. A friend liked a guy but it didn't seem to be going anywhere. She phoned me and asked me to pray. I was surprised when God told me he was not the one for her - because he was the one God had picked for me. When I finally did meet him, he was the guy in the picture. But alas, he married someone else. And I was pondering responding to you and realised for the first time, that all the prophetic words I was getting that God had a husband for me stopped after that guy got married. Have not had one since. Strangers would prophesy to me that God had a husband and tell me what his personality was like. I was devastated when I heard he got married. And of course, to a girl about 15 years younger than us. And she sure is cute. I occasionally wonder how life is going for him. And every now and then I think "he was too short for me anyway" :wink: I don't feel any real loss, because I didn't really know the guy. I'd only met him a few short times in social occasions, but it's sad to think that God could have set up something wonderful and it was wrecked by someone not listening to Him and by going one's own way. Anyway. Could keep philosophising about this ad nauseum.

Praying that God will make it abundantly clear what you should do. This I know from my years as a family law lawyer. Your children need two good parents, who work together in parenting. (I know you know that). XX
winterjade
Bronze Member

Post by winterjade »

Thank you for sharing your experience with me! That is something to ponder about. I'm believing that God wants me to seek Him more through this situation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and prayer Bella!