There's an answer in here somewhere

Archived Dreams from 2015
bella
Diamond Member

There's an answer in here somewhere

Post by bella »

Had these two dreams together, but can't remember which one came first:

DREAM 1

(IRL my dog died a few months ago. Her nickname was bubba.) There's an area out the front of our neighbour's house where we park one of our cars. In the dream, there were cement bollards/barricades running along the guttering, separating road from footpath.

My father, in his old ute (that he sold a few years ago now), was backing into this space, and I could see he was about to crush the dog, bubba, between the ute and the barricades. I was yelling out to him to stop before he killed her. He didn't kill her.

Then next scene has bubba sitting out in the middle of the road, and a car comes scooting down the street, in the middle of the road and runs her over. When bubba was old, she had a bung leg and used to sit with it sort of sticking up, and she looked like that when she was sitting in the middle of the road.

I think the dog may represent me as we have the same name/nickname.

DREAM 2

I was in the house. My brother gave me a present which seemed to be a christmas present. It was an electronic cigarette. My mum is there and she seems ok with it.

We - me, my brother his girlfriend and a male friend of his - were going to some sort of fancy dress party. I didn't have a costume, so made up one from ordinary clothes. I'm not sure what it was supposed to be, but I was wearing navy blue tights/leggings, a green t'shirt, socks, and these rubber sandals with a little flower on them.

I walk out to the front door smoking this electronic cigarette. I see my brother et al at the bottom of the steps waiting for me. As I step out, I notice the funny shoe and socks. I see that the rest of them are dressed very similarly to me. (have no idea what we were dressing up as).

Then I say, "I don't know why I'm smoking this, because I don't smoke cigarettes".

Scene changes and I'm at a shopping centre. I'm walking through it, look down and see my feet in socks, and they're wet. No shoes. I'm carrying a square bucket with water in it I think.

Then someone is after me. They're trying to kill me. They're like a renegade army of some sort. I run, and they don't seem to be able to catch me. They keep closing in on where I am, but somehow I always seem to escape. I know there's a library in the shopping centre, at one point, and I escape from there. Someone helps get me out in their car.

They get me to another location, but the "army" starts to close in there too. I end up back at home, and the army starts to close in there as well.

I think I woke up at that point.

I know I was quite distressed when I woke up. Like "why do I have these dreams?".