Fighting A Demon

Archived Dreams from 2015
PurestPlace
Platinum Member

Fighting A Demon

Post by PurestPlace »

In my dream, I was being intimidated by a demon who appeared to have similarities to me in appearance. I remember being asleep but feeling myself break out into a sweat as I was face to face with this thing. As it came at me I was able to kick and punch it back and as I was doing this I was aware I was still sleeping so I began to pray in Jesus's Name. It took awhile before I finally felt it's presence leave. It was a petite blonde with shoulder length hair and black eyes. No white to them at all, and it's skin was very pale. Very scary but I felt empowered SOME by not cowering. It was however difficult to get it to leave but it FINALLY did.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way of everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24
DownPour

Re: Fighting A Demon

Post by DownPour »

PurestPlace wrote:In my dream, I was being intimidated by a demon who appeared to have similarities to me in appearance. I remember being asleep but feeling myself break out into a sweat as I was face to face with this thing. As it came at me I was able to kick and punch it back and as I was doing this I was aware I was still sleeping so I began to pray in Jesus's Name. It took awhile before I finally felt it's presence leave. It was a petite blonde with shoulder length hair and black eyes. No white to them at all, and it's skin was very pale. Very scary but I felt empowered SOME by not cowering. It was however difficult to get it to leave but it FINALLY did.
demon: tormenter, tempter
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Post by sigmon2 »

Our biggest enemy is ourselves, so evil loves to influence us to hurt ourselves.
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I have had all sorts of dream attacks of the enemy similar to these over the years... best thing to do is fight them off with Jesus name! My personal feeling on these types of dreams is that it is the actual enemy attacking you at the time of the dream and that is why you can feel the presence leave after the dream. Hope this helps.
DownPour

Post by DownPour »

sigmon2 wrote:Our biggest enemy is ourselves, so evil loves to influence us to hurt ourselves.
I think this explains why the demon looked like the dreamer. It's not an actual demon, it's a type of temptation or torment. Dreams are almost always sybolic