Devastated by spouse

Archived Dreams from 2015
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Devastated by spouse

Post by kbasmommy »

There was a man and an attractive woman who I felt was her brother. The man felt like a friend and I overheard the woman saying that they should just tell me.

I finally said "let me talk to you both." I closed the door on my husband and locked it so I could talk to the man and woman but my husband broke the lock. I continued to talk because at this point I didn't care that he heard. Then I said "listen I know this is hard for you both lying to me the way that you've had to, but I think you're both good people, and I know that you're together I said to the woman." I touched the side of her arm lightly in a friendly way and got an empty suitcase. They just looked at each other in disbelief at my calm demeanor but I felt completely devastated and I kept thinking I should have left my husband when I had the money to leave. Now I don't know what I'm going to do. Then I thought I have to take our son with me.

My husband came into the room I was packing my things and I said I'm taking our son with me. He was angry at first then he said "just leave in the morning." Then I saw him embrace the woman. I tried to be strong but inside I was utterly crushed and feeling like I wanted to give up on life.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.....
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Devastated by spouse

Post by bella »

It's been a while now, that you've been having these tormenting dreams about your husband, hasn't it?

Do you think it's time to sort some things out? I can't remember specifically what you've said in other posts, but what is coming to mind is that when a friend of mine's husband was having an affair she KNEW what was going on without him telling her.

But it could be that he's not having an affair but your own fears of it, your own insecurities are causing this torment. If that IS the case, then you need to close that door to get rid of the torment.

It's truly awful what you're going through and my hope is for you to get through this, and get through it well, and to have some peace.

I don't know which it is in your circumstance, but I'm leaning towards it being your worry more than it being a reality. Are you able to take some sort of step to work out which it is?

For me, I would want to know. But everyone's different, and for some they DON'T want to know. And only you can make that decision.

God is more than willing to show you what is going on, but you need to sit and work through this with him.

I hope you're able to move forward and get some peace, soon. XX
silentqueen
Gold Member

Post by silentqueen »

Hello my sister,

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. While I do not know if it's something going on with your husband or not, what I do know is that the enemy will plant seeds of doubt in our minds in hopes that we will believe them, allow those seeds to take root and then we act on those thoughts.

Remember, the battle takes place in our minds. The enemy wants us to fear. So, he will plant a small seed; one that he knows will cause you to question or doubt your husband's honesty (This happened to me.) My husband was a social butterfly; life of the party. He had this female friend with whom he'd worked for years prior to meeting me. One day, she stopped by our home to see him and he wasn't there. I asked her if she needed anything and she said, "No, I'll catch him later." As soon as she left, the enemy had a field day with my mind. I wondered why she didn't tell me what she wanted. What was the big secret that couldn't tell his wife? Not to mention, it took him two hours to get home after her visit. Those were the longest two hours. When he arrived, I was upset and I told him she had stopped by and said she'd "catch up with him later." The phone rang right before I was about to start interrogating him concerning his whereabouts for the last two hours. He said, "You could've left them with my wife." It was tickets to a play. His friend didn't know if it was a surprise and didn't want to leave them with me in case it was. Talk about feeling like hiding under a rock! Not to mention, if I hadn't allowed that seed to start taking root, I would've also remembered that he was late because it was a golf day. The enemy will take our minds from A to Z, if we allow it.

God does not torment us. He gives His beloved sleep. I agree with Bella. I sense it's more worry too. As someone who experienced it before, I strongly encourage you to take a step back and seek God for definitive answers. If you want the answer ask Him to show you in an unmistakeable way and He will.

In the meantime, my prayer for you is that you will keep your mind on Him and therein lies the answer to perfect peace. I just heard Philippians 4:6-9 for you.

Also, I'm going to be obedient and tell you what I just heard again. For the next 14 days, reflect on the things you love about your husband. Give him at least one compliment a day. Instead of worrying about what he might be doing wrong, speak well of him about the things you see that he's doing right. You are the crown of your husband. When he found you, he found a good thing and obtained favor from the Lord.

God bless you and I'm praying for you!
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you can ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)

Thank you Lord for working things out for me!
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Post by kbasmommy »

Thank you both Praise God! The dreams I've had in the past have unfortunately come to pass with amazing accuracy. The Lord showed me what was really going on. I've chosen to stay and fight for my marriage. I agree that the enemy is trying to plant doubt because we've both been committed to reconciliation. I feel something in my spirit very strongly concerning his job though. I appreciate your prayers I'm feeling like this dream may be a confirmation we're under attack. Lots of strife lately especially before and after church. Thanks for responding!