Plum Trees

Archived Dreams from 2015
Barb11
Silver Member

Plum Trees

Post by Barb11 »

I dreamed that I was at Bible camp with my mom, and we were in one of the cabins looking out a window, and there was a big field with some buildings in the distance, and the one field was completely covered in red flowers (like the poppy thing around Windsor Palace on Remembrance Day), and then we were looking out, and we were looking at the trees in the yard. There were a bunch of plum trees that were heavy in full flower – different shades of purple/reddish flowers some very dark rich wine colors. She was talking about being disappointed that there weren’t the flowers on the route that she had taken. She had come down the road from their old property to get to the main highway and finally to the camp, and I said, “oh – oh, you went that route,” and she said, “Ya, there weren’t the flowers. People don’t take care of their gardens and their flowers like they are supposed to, like they should, so there weren’t as many flowers.

(My mom has been a committed Christian all her life. This particular Bible camp was the one our family went to and my mom volunteered at yearly.)
firewater
Silver Member

Re: Plum Trees

Post by firewater »

I dreamed that I was at Bible camp (retreat to seek God. Fresh perspective) with my mom, (dream could be about your mum, something you have inherited from your mum, or the mother in you)
and we were in one of the cabins looking out a window(perspective again), and there was a big field with some buildings in the distance (not close, something see as further away.), and the one field was completely covered in red flowers (like the poppy thing around Windsor Palace on Remembrance Day) (Rememberance day commenorates those who died during the war. Perhaps something or someone lost in a battle.) and then we were looking out, and we were looking at the trees in the yard.(the yard is closer, near, within bounds) There were a bunch of plum trees(known for terminal bids & solitary side buds) that were heavy in full flower – different shades of purple/reddish flowers some very dark rich wine (wine can be symbolic of fruitfulness & celebration)colors.
She was talking about being disappointed (I feel a sense of sadness reading the dream) that there weren’t the flowers on the route that she had taken (beauty, joy, love, relationship. But there are where she is now.). She had come down the road from their old property (the way things were) to get to the main highway(other people routes) and finally to the camp, and I said, “oh – oh, you went that route,” and she said, “Ya, there weren’t the flowers. People don’t take care of their gardens and their flowers like they are supposed to, like they should, so there weren’t as many flowers. (Perhaps an encouragement to take care of her own garden)

(My mom has been a committed Christian all her life. This particular Bible camp was the one our family went to and my mom volunteered at yearly.)

Has your mum lost her husband or a close family member or friend? Or had some other disappointment/loss?

Or have you lost someone you were mothering?

It's tough to move on after deep grief, but the promise of good things & fruitfulness is there (flowers)
It can help to be thankful for what is in front of us &try to focus on the now.
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

My dad was recently diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and starts treatment this week, but he's still very much alive and kicking.
I almost lost 2 of my children in the past few months. You think it has to do with this?
I remember waking up and wondering if my mom was going to be okay - which, at this point, she is. How do you connect the lush trees with grief? Do you have any idea what is important about them being plum trees?

Yes, I also sensed that sadness from her about the lack of trees on the route she took.

Thank you for your response!
firewater
Silver Member

Post by firewater »

Praying for your family. Sounds like you have had some difficult days. God is your strength & healer. Praying for His intervention bringing healing in your dad's life.

almost lost 2 of my children in the past few months. You think it has to do with this?
- Dreams can have multiple layers so there may be elements of this.
I remember waking up and wondering if my mom was going to be okay - (This is something you can pray for. That she would take refuge in Him.) which, at this point, she is. How do you connect the lush trees with grief?
- rememberance day

Do you have any idea what is important about them being plum trees?
Plums are a stone fruit. It reminds me that the stone the builders rejected is in the centre.

My gut feel is that the dream relates to your mom & the grief of the diagnosis. But Jesus is Lord & healer. I think the flowers are about hope. Praying that God would sustain your hope & confident expectation of good from God.
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

Thank you for your response and thoughts on this. Yes, it's been an incredibly difficult time the past few months, for sure.
I never thought about the stone in the plum before. That's interesting. I will continue to pray about this. Thank you again!