subway train to college for speaker, cross guard takes me instead of taxi

Archived Dreams from 2015
allforHim
Gold Member

subway train to college for speaker, cross guard takes me instead of taxi

Post by allforHim »

I drove and parked my green car and I am at a subway station with another female. I can’t see who it is but understand I know her. I understand we are not very close but there is a relationship there somehow. We are going to see someone speak..christian speaker came to town and she wanted to go. I have my train ticket. Good. I am going through a mental check list. We are in line to turn in our tickets. Still double checking…my heavy purse-check. Feel like something is missing. Feel unprepared. Wait. No overnight bag. I needed my change of clothes and toothpaste, deodarant, etc. It’s a small bag/sack. My purse felt like it but it’s definitely in car. The other girl says, “oh yeah! we need our stuff. But the train is here now so just forget it. I am not going to be late!” so she hands her ticket in and takes off running to the train while everyone else is walking. I felt left behind and less important because I wasn't rushing. I handed in my ticket too. But I ask if it’s too late to go back and get my gear. The man said "not at all. We have trains coming and going non stop. Just show me your ticket stub and you will get right through." I yelled to her she could wait and tried to tell her what the ticket man told me, but she wouldn’t stop to listen. So I turned and went back to get the stuff. I remember running up the concrete stairs to the parking lot and could feel the cool air on my face. Looked for 2 sacks in car but I only saw and grabbed mine. I thought to myself I could share mine if needed. I ran effortlessly down those steps even skipping 2 or 3 steps a time without knocking anyone down or tripping or falling myself! I showed the ticket stub. Got through easily. Rode the train a very short distance and got out and back up to ground level. It’s just the other side of the town. We didn’t even need to take the train so why did she tell me this was the only way to go?! I was pretty irritated at her directions because that was a waste of money and time. I am standing at curb with the other passengers who rode longer distances than I, waiting for a taxi to take me to the building we were to be at. It was being held at the college. It was very busy and very clean everywhere.

There was a college crossing guard there. Odd. This normally happens in elementary school districts…but hey…this is extra safety and I was glad for it because I was somewhere unfamiliar…yes, the other side of town. I asked when the next taxi would be as I needed to catch up with my friend. “Quite a while, ma’am. Where you off to?” So I told him and felt a little anxious to get going so as not to be late. He pointed forward and said, “Oh honey, that’s just around the corner, walking distance, you don't need a car for that. Just cross the street, take a left at the one building, go a few yards, take another left and you’re there.” What?! That close? Why was I told by my friend I had to get a taxi, it was the only way to get there after the train? Did she even know what she was talking about or where to go? She sounded pretty sure of herself. I replied to the guard I am a bit hesitant, though it sounds super easy, I am anxious about it. “Would you like for me to walk with you? Come on, I will take you there.” My heart literally jumped with gladness, to which I replied “Oh Yes, Please!” He was grey haired, mostly white with little bit dark grey, and mustache and eyebrows to match and wore glasses…dressed in blue crossing guard uniform--blue oxford shirt tucked in, belted dark blue pants, and neon chest/vest...which was somehow invisible, but I could see it. He offered me his left arm like a gentleman. i could feel my hand grip onto his arm for safety and walked peacefully toward the college to find the other girl and be where we needed and in plenty of time for the event, too.( It felt like tortoise and the hair. )

end of dream. very vivid colors and weather condition of sunny summer day.