2nd Posting - Father's Permission to Marry Dream

Archived Dreams from 2015
gapeachntn
Bronze Member

2nd Posting - Father's Permission to Marry Dream

Post by gapeachntn »

I dreamed this morning that I was in a relationship with a man who was East Indian I believe, from India. He may have been younger than me. We were in his house and we wanted to tell our parents that we wanted to marry. My mom was in the living room watching TV and my fiancee's family was in the dining room. My fiancee wanted to get his father's blessing to marry me and he wanted to get his blessing before we told my mom who in my waking life has been very indifferent and wouldn't care anyway. Back to the dining room...my fiancee's father was sitting at the head of the dining room table, listening intently while my fiancee sat to his right telling him how much he wanted to marry me. He was saying to his father that he didnt have a Mercedes, and that I didn't care whether he has one or not. He said to his father that I didn't understand that or that stuff like that didn't matter to me. He began to cry when he said this. He was pleading with his father or trying to convince him that he really wanted to marry me. The whole time while he was talking to his dad, his brother and I were seated by each other in chairs that lined the room and circled the table where they talked. his brother was seated to my left and I was leaned against him with my head on his shoulder. As I laid my head against him, he was caressing my forehead with his fingers and running his fingers through front part of my hair like my bangs. it was very comforting, loving and relaxing. As we watched them talk, I asked his brother, is your dad going to allow us to marry? To which he replied, Kinda or maybe or something of that nature. I woke up at this point. I really enjoyed this dream and want to know if anyone has any thoughts on what it could mean. Thanks so much.