My dog

Archived Dreams from 2015
bella
Diamond Member

My dog

Post by bella »

Dreamt I had a female dog. I was giving her a bath and shampooing her. It was hard to tell which of my female dogs (both passed) it was. This dog was like a mix of the two.

Then for some reason I had given her away, to a dog shelter.

Then someone turned up out the front of my house and told me that my dog was missing me and she really wanted a hug. So I went to her and sat and held her.

After I woke, I was pondering this odd dream (I would never give my dog away). Then as I was getting ready for work, I saw an ad for dog food. There was girl sitting with her arm around her dog, just like I did in my dream. There was a heading "The special one" and a story of how she got this dog from a shelter for abandoned dogs.

The dream had a lovely feel to it but as I type this out, I'm hit with sadness because I miss my last dog so much. She died last year.
ginasings4him
Platinum Member

Re: My dog

Post by ginasings4him »

Do you think God wants you to get another dog, maybe from a shelter or a rescue dog? Just thinking out loud.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Gina, thanks for replying. I don't think that would be it because I live somewhere where I can't have a dog at the moment. It would be nice though.
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

Hi Bella, I have had dreams about dogs that represented people in my life that I loved, but we're not yet surrendered to God. also felt such love in the dreams and even now for this person. Perhaps it is someone in your past that the Lord wants to bring back into your life, to encourage and share God's goodness with. What a sweet dream!! Just my thoughts, Blessings❤
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.❤
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thanks Hope. I think you're right. That seems to fit to me. I was pondering if it was a female friend that it represented, but then i realised it doesn't necessarily mean that. It's more about how I felt about that dog.

I didn't explain this, but in the dream, when I was shampooing the dog's hair, what stood out, and what was similar with the two girl dogs I had was that they both had really thick hair with lots of baby hair underneath. And IRL and in the dream, as I shampooed her, this baby hair was collecting on my foamy hands. I think this will make sense later :-)