Someone wants to "buy me lunch"...?

Archived Dreams from 2016
j4him77
Bronze Member

Someone wants to "buy me lunch"...?

Post by j4him77 »

It may seem fairly cliche or simple to figure out but this scenario has had me stumped for years. No matter the dream and always with a different person, someone, and usually an angel, wants to take me out to lunch. And the way that they say it and do it is always the context that they are extending me great favor or grand gesture. Once, the Father extended mercy upon an exboyfriend of mine in a dream years ago and said to him after looking at him sternly, "You know what I'm going to do for you? I'm going to take you to lunch." In the dream it was such a big deal but upon waking it made absolutely no sense. (Today that man has had a major part of his life redeemed and I wholeheartedly believe he was spared from certain judgement. He was a terrible person.)

Anyways, these are my following dream scenarios. I believe all of these dreams are coming to a major spiritual crossroad right now so though its a simple scenario, the timing in my life is rather important. If anyone understands the meaning or context in these patterns, I'd be so grateful! Thanks in advance!

Dream 1: I'm traveling to a wedding I have to organize (I'm a wedding planner in real life) and for some reason I'm in Mexico (the place was foreign to me), when my red minivan loses all power and comes to a complete stop. I'm stranded and dont know what to do. So I reach out to my exhusband to see if he could get me on a plane to fly home but a nice looking mature man with salt and pepper hair interrupted my phone conversation and says "I'm sorry, I don't mean to eavesdrop but I heard you need help. I could give you a ride if you'd like one." I said "Sure" and we got into a gorgeous Mercedes ( possibly SUV) where he drove, I'm in the passenger seat, and two blond haired women were in the back seat. All of them were dressed to the 9's and somehow I knew they were the best of the best wedding planners in the business. Instead of driving me to my wedding, they instead take me to a really upscale restaurant with a nice brick fascade covered in ivy and said they were treating me first to lunch. Dream ends.

Dream 2: My mother was leaving to go somewhere and she had to leave really fast. She knew that she and I had to meet for lunch but she didnt have time. Dream ends.

Dream 3: My mother and I were meeting for lunch and when we went to sit down for lunch, the table had many empty chairs and some man was sitting in my mother's chair. He looked up at her and she said, "You're sitting in my chair and you know it, too." He smirked and gestured and got up immediately. Dream ends.

Dream 4: My mother walks into a restaurant because she's meeting me there for lunch. She hears John Paul Jackson upstairs speaking to three men (this was before he passed away) but she didn't want to disturb him. She turns to see me walk in and my siblings and their families also walk in to meet us for lunch. The hostess says to my mother "I wish you had let us know you were coming. How many are there of you? How many seats do you need?" My mom replies, "17". Hostess says, "That's fine and we'll go ahead and serve you but you need to treat us well. (tips)" Dream ends. Btw, there is not 17 people in my family, FYI.

All these dreams happened in the last 2-3 years so the time for them to come to pass is here, at least for most of them I feel.

I know lunch or eating food is symbolic of eating spiritual food or sustenance but I want to know the general context of what it means when someone is extending you the favor and what possible impact that's supposed to represent. A major prophetic voice and friend of the family says that my mother and I have similar gifts and callings and the Lord will be speaking to us about it soon but I still don't understand how that translated from the "going to lunch" part. Could be just me, or could have been more of a prophetic word from our friend but either way, I'd certainly appreciate any other perspectives.

God bless! -J4Him77
Barb11
Silver Member

Re: Someone wants to "buy me lunch"...?

Post by Barb11 »

Hey there!

I think you've pretty much got a handle on the dream. I had the following info in my notes -

Seventeen: Spiritual order; incomplete; immature. God’s presence in the midst of danger Preservation through judgment(Gen. 7:11, 8:4, 37: 2; 1 Chron. 25: 5, 6; Jer. 32: 9)