Baby in stroller

Archived Dreams from 2016
lainey68
Gold Member

Baby in stroller

Post by lainey68 »

Had this dream a couple weeks ago:

I had a dream that I'm not sure what it means. I dreamed I was at an airport. I had a toddler. The toddler was in a three wheeled stroller. In the dream I was younger than what I am now. Anyway, the baby had the ability to "drive" the stroller, but I still pushed it from time to time. We get to the gate that was on my ticket. I think it said Gate O2. As I hand the ticket agent our boarding pass, she tells me that we're at the wrong gate. It's 1:50, our plane leaves at 2:12. We are clear on the other side of the airport. This airport is HUGE.

I start running with the baby in the stroller. I get to the other side of the airport, and there's a sign pointing to where we're supposed to go. I look at my boarding pass again and it says O2, but apparently it's different than the first place. The sign says Gates L-O this way. So we go the way that the sign says, but the sign is wrong. I start to get panicked, but I'm following some path that takes us outside of the airport. I go up the street to this building, and the plane is there and people are boarding. I hand the ticket agent our boarding pass, and it's the right plane. Any idea what this means? It was very frustrating.

I will say I think the "baby" in the stroller is my daughter. She has a mental illness/disability, and maybe I do too many things for her or "baby" her. But I don't get the airport, wrong boarding passes. It may mean something totally different. But it just frustrated me when I woke up.
ValleyAnt

Re: Baby in stroller

Post by ValleyAnt »

Hi, lainey68. The feeling I got while reading the dream is that it isn't from God. That's my own feeling. One reason I feel this way is because of all the frustration and especially confusion in the dream. As you know, Paul said, "God is not the author of confusion but of peace" (1Cor. 14:33). When God is in a dream in which there are negative feelings like fear, worry, confusion, anger, etc., He will speak at the end or when you wake to tell you the meaning. If the dream isn't negative and is from God, then He doesn't need to speak at the end. But if it a negative, like a warning dream about the enemy's plans against you, then you won't have frustration or confusion, and He may also speak after the dream though when you don't feel unsettled, then He doesn't have to. I think He often follows this method (speaking or giving us peace in the midst of frustration or confusion or anxiety) exactly so we won't dwell in confusion or any negative feelings but rather in peace. I had a vision one evening and a night vision while asleep one morning both of which were negative: in the vision, God spoke to me at the end and explained it, and though the night vision was negative, I had no negative or fearful or confused or frustrated feelings during or after it. I don't sense God in this dream of yours since there was frustration during and after the dream but God gave you no immediate answer or comfort but you were left frustrated (and probably confused). He also doesn't see your care of your daughter as 'babying her'. It's hard to baby a toddler, and moreover, God doesn't chastise a parent for 'babying' their toddler. I hope this is helpful.
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a delightful inheritance" (Ps. 16:6).
lainey68
Gold Member

Re: Baby in stroller

Post by lainey68 »

ValleyAnt wrote:Hi, lainey68. The feeling I got while reading the dream is that it isn't from God. That's my own feeling. One reason I feel this way is because of all the frustration and especially confusion in the dream. As you know, Paul said, "God is not the author of confusion but of peace" (1Cor. 14:33). When God is in a dream in which there are negative feelings like fear, worry, confusion, anger, etc., He will speak at the end or when you wake to tell you the meaning. If the dream isn't negative and is from God, then He doesn't need to speak at the end. But if it a negative, like a warning dream about the enemy's plans against you, then you won't have frustration or confusion, and He may also speak after the dream though when you don't feel unsettled, then He doesn't have to. I think He often follows this method (speaking or giving us peace in the midst of frustration or confusion or anxiety) exactly so we won't dwell in confusion or any negative feelings but rather in peace. I had a vision one evening and a night vision while asleep one morning both of which were negative: in the vision, God spoke to me at the end and explained it, and though the night vision was negative, I had no negative or fearful or confused or frustrated feelings during or after it. I don't sense God in this dream of yours since there was frustration during and after the dream but God gave you no immediate answer or comfort but you were left frustrated (and probably confused). He also doesn't see your care of your daughter as 'babying her'. It's hard to baby a toddler, and moreover, God doesn't chastise a parent for 'babying' their toddler. I hope this is helpful.

Thank you. I see what you're saying. It was very frustrating, and I also had some fear regarding my daughter. She is actually 24 years old, and I do baby her. But, definitely don't see this from God. You're right, he doesn't leave us frustrated. Thank you!