another tornado dream

Archived Dreams from 2016
allforHim
Gold Member

another tornado dream

Post by allforHim »

my husband and 4 little ones and I are out and about visiting friends. weather gets cloudy and gloomy. I'm watching the sky. i see it get really dark and sense the storm coming. a tornado. we were in the back yard, kids playing. the friends want to take cover in a cheap plastic shed to wait out what they believe to be a short thunderstorm. I say no way. we need to be ready...look at the sky! we all go inside. i'm looking for the lowest level of the house. it's only partially in-ground. good enough. where are the stairs then? lets huddle under those. but as i look around, I see my sister who I made several attempts to reconcile over the past 8 years...huh?! ok... she says it's not a big deal of a storm and blows it off. she said to just put the kids to bed. i continue to look around and notice that this is actually somehow my sister's house. partially in ground with concrete block walls only to the ground surface and the walls above ground are of the same PVC siding as the shed!!! WHAT?!!!! BUT the windows are somehow metal trimmed and thick glass...like hurricane proof. This is such an unsafe house. The beds are all metal bunk beds, bolted to the concrete floor. Almost army cot styled. That was the only thing that seemed safe about this house. I get all the kids into the bottom bunk and find buckling straps that somehow are big enough to buckle them down tight onto the mattress for safety. That was the only peace I had. my husband stayed with the kids as I looked out the window. The storm was coming and was going to be awful I said. My sister scoffed and said it wasn't. I asked someone to turn on a radio or tv for the weather. sure enough they said what I did, too, and said to take cover. she scoffs again and said it's all about faith. my stomach churned over that with anger. yes it is all about faith...but we are called to always be on our guard, watching, and being prepared. just because we are Christians doesn't mean we get out of life Free-card. The wind kicked up. I felt safe within myself and for my little family. I worried about the house even though we were in it, too. the walls were shaking and rattling and barely keeping together...the seams of the house everywhere were being pulled apart and ready to burst...the windows were being pelted with hail and I drew the curtains closed...i looked around and everyone else was just going about like as though no storm was happening. I went and took cover with my family. then i woke up.
Last edited by allforHim on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: another tornado dream

Post by bjcollin »

With all 3 dreams that you have posted, there seems to be a very common theme of a root of anger that is being held against your siblings for the way that you live your life vs the way that they live their lives even though everybody is calling themselves Christian? I put a ? there because I think that this is a question that you need to answer for yourself. It is good to be right with God, but God says very clearly in the Word that you can't be right with Him without being right with others in your heart first. Ref Matthew 18:21-35, Mark 11:25-26, Matthew 6:14-15,
allforHim
Gold Member

Re: another tornado dream

Post by allforHim »

thank you bj. i responded here, in sharing fruit, that it may encourage others: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=39398 (i hope i did the link thing right!)