Running on the Mall and Alicia Keys

Archived Dreams from 2016
bjcollin
Site Owner

Running on the Mall and Alicia Keys

Post by bjcollin »

I dreamed that I was running on the National Mall in Washington DC with my son Noah, and I was showing him around at the different sights and telling him about them. At one point we were going through this one area of the mall that looked like a college (not there in real life) and I was telling him about it and asking him what he thought of it. Then he ran ahead of me and I was chasing him through the buildings and then searching and looking for him instead of us running together. As I was running and looking for Noah on this part of the mall, I was seeing all of these high school aged kids of all races in US Air Force dress blue uniforms. A lot of them had flags with them, most were US flags, but some were unit flags and many were flags of other nations. I saw that there were about 20-25 of these flag bearers there. I did not know which units or nations the flags were from. I was about to cross the dividing street to the other half of the mall still looking for Noah, when I saw all of these US Air Force kids with their flags in a semi-circle around the singer Alicia Keys. It was kinda rainy at this point and she had on a rain jacket and there were a couple of the US Air Force kids holding umbrellas for her. I got the idea that she was doing a show involving the military or that they were her honor guard for something that was going to go on soon. When I approached the bunch, the US Air Force kids naturally moved aside and somebody introduced me to Alicia Keys. I told her "nice to meet you. You look beautiful today, and I really like your music. Thank you for what you do." I then shook her hand very politely, and I noticed that she wasn't as old as she was in real life, but she looked to be about 10-12 years old in this dream. She just smiled at me in the dream. I then left her and I continued my search for Noah. The dream then ended with me jogging along on the mall still searching and looking for Noah.

I have had this same dream years ago, but in that dream I spent most of it searching through the college buildings and chasing Noah and never catching him. There was no Alicia Keys in that first dream either. Any thoughts on the dream? Thank you.

in Christ,
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Running on the Mall and Alicia Keys

Post by bella »

Hi Brian

I was thinking of Alicia Keys last week or the week before. I can't remember what I was thinking, but at the time I felt God was trying to speak to me using her as a symbol of something (it was a positive symbol). If it comes back to mind, I'll post and see if it helps.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Definitely symbolic for the name Alicia Keys... Alicia name means noble humor or nobility. Keys probably points to keys or access/authority. Let me know if you remember anything about her from your dream. Thanks.
lizzy
Bronze Member

Post by lizzy »

I would title both of your dreams: Chasing Noah. Noah means peace, rest, comfort. The dream is about you loosing peace/rest and trying to find it. You are looking for it in the church (college) and still can't find it. Alicia Keys seems to be just distraction in your search. She doesn't help you find Noah nor the military stuff you are observing. Does this "ring the bell" for you?
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

What if it means you need to use the keys to the kingdom to solve this problem you have?
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

And child like faith?
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

BJ,

I think Isaiah 22:22 pertains to you. I also think there is something in this involving God raising up His government right now in the younger generations.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Thank you for your replies... definitely rings some bells. I had one of our band booster parents approach me this week and said that he sees that I have lost some of the peace and joy that I have had in years past. I have lost some of my youthfulness in spirit dealing with some of the spiritual battles I have been fighting lately and no peace in church or in military work either. I need more of Jesus and what He has for me, I need to use my keys/authority and allow God to fix some of these things.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Sounds about right and I can promise you're not the only one going through that. I've spent most of today without any tv or computer or background noise and have been pondering how much things have changed and how I don't know what's happened to me and how different I am now compared with even a few short years ago. It's all related to being totally overloaded with having to deal with bs all the time. Daily and constant.
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

I also thought of biblical Noah, and I think your dream also has something to do with "As it was in the days of Noah". Definitely "Keys" is significant. I also looked up the National Mall: https://www.nps.gov/nama/planyourvisit/index.htm

I live in the DC area, so your dream really piqued my interest. I am also an air force brat. It is my understanding that the air force has suffered the highest casualty rates based on the percentage of those deployed. So, I'm not sure how all that ties together, but it's pretty significant in my estimation. I don't know if that helps at all.