Church doesn't believe in dreams and visions

Archived Dreams from 2016
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Church doesn't believe in dreams and visions

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

I was in my previous church and gave my godfather a hug. I mentioned to him about having a dream or vision and then he started to back away from me; I guess he was skeptical about it. Then I went to another church sister who was in the back bench, in the corner and mentioned that dreams and visions are gifts of the spirit. She then says no we don't believe in that here and that they are not gifts from God. I went up to the balcony area and saw one of my friends, who is older than me. I told her about what I experienced downstairs and told her to do her research about dreams and dreaming because I know that it's real and is a gift of the Holy spirit.

I know the Bible explains the nine gifts of the spirit which are:

1.) Prophecy
2.) Healing
3.) Faith
4.) Word of Knowledge
5.) Word of Wisdom
6.) Working of miracles
7.) The discerning of spirits
8.) Tongues
9.) Interpretation of tongues

Dreaming and having visions are not directly listed as a gift of the spirit. However, there are prophetic dreams that a person can have that would fall under prophecy. Why do you think I was trying to convince this these people in the dream that they were gifts of the spirit or gifts from God?
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Church doesn't believe in dreams and visions

Post by bjcollin »

I moved this topic from dreams & visions to dream questions...

I have experienced this as well where some church's don't believe in God given dreams. The answer is definitely yes and it is in the Bible, there are many verses in the Bible that pertains to believers having God given dreams. While this is not an explicit called out gift of the Holy Spirit to have the dreams per se, there still is much precedent in the Bible for having dreams that are from God. And gift number 7 on your list discerning of spirits also falls into this realm as that gift is used to sort the dreams into God given, enemy given, and just our own daily self types of dreams. Just go to any Bible search engine and type the word dream into it... Starting in Genesis all the way to Revelation there are many many instances showing God given dreams... to say that God can't interact with us spirit filled Christians today is simply a dumb position to believe in and it shows ignorance of the Bible and how God deals with us in our relationship with Him. Hope this helps.

in Christ,