Being a spectator in your own dreams

Archives for 2009
blossom
Silver Member

Being a spectator in your own dreams

Post by blossom »

If a person is a spectator in a dream, just watching things happening
does that mean the dream is for someone else?

or does that mean or could it mean that the dream is showing events that really happened to the people in the dream or could it be for the dreamer?

blossom
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

blossom,

The answer to your question is yes. If you find yourself kind of observing from a distance it's most likely about someone else or a future event that will take place.

Discernment is especially needed because depending on the situation in the dream, you may be able to help someone, something from happening or share something with someone etc that they will be walking into.

One example I can give you that personally happened to me was: I had a dream one night that a lot of men in my local church IRL were walking through a lot of water and one of them ask, should we get the rubber boots. The next day was Sunday and when I got to church shortly there after our basement kitchen over flooded from a pipe bursting or something like that and a lot of the men (leaders in the church) all came down to the basement and found ourselves walking in a flooded basement cleaning it up. I remember one of the deacons saying should we get the rubber boots out. The fire department had to come as well. No one was hurt but I was in awe because I dreamed about it the night before and was sitting in my dinning room table that morning before going to church telling my son about it the dream.
Truth Seeker
blossom
Silver Member

Post by blossom »

Thank you for responding to my question.
I think in this instance of when I dreamed these specific particular dreams, something had happened to two kids in the dream and I was either watching a result of something that happened or was watching it happen. As I've had these types of dreams before, I did not know what they were or what I was supposed to do. In the dreams I had I was not at a distance but as close to one of the men in the dream where I could see even the color of the child's sneakers and could tell that he had jeans on. I also knew the color of the truck, but could not see the faces of the two men although the one was kneeling in a ditch. In the second dream, it was like I was there right in the action of the dream as it was going on so it was like I had the best view of what was happening. It also seemed that I could sense the spirit of the person's in this dream so that I knew the woman was evil. I felt that. In the case of the man kneeling over the child, I sensed that he was not a good man but the child was still living. I have prayed alot about this and am continuing to pray.

blossom
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

blossom,

I've had a couple where I was close up too. In these type of dreams; if you're not sure, start praying and interceding according to how you feel in the dream, if you feel like someone is going to be hurt, start praying for their protection, keep interceding daily until God lifts the burden or the situation manifests in some type of way in the natural where what you saw can help warn somebody or help someone get to their next level.
Truth Seeker
blossom
Silver Member

Post by blossom »

it's kind of interesting as i have been praying for these dreams and the person or persons it might be about. and there is a daughter of a friend who was abused when she was younger, who is going through dealing with the abuser coming back to town. and how she is having to deal with this yet she is older young adult woman. its interesting how praying for an unknown person is affecting my life and how even with what this girl is going through, God is using it to tap into my own unknown areas of my heart. and all because of praying for someone i didnt even know existed until i dreamed about them.

blossom