Cousin or angry uncle

Archives for 2009
meeper
Silver Member

Cousin or angry uncle

Post by meeper »

What does an uncle that's angry with you represent, and what about a cousin who isn't angry but appears in your dream?
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

What are their first names?

What does your uncle and cousin represent to you in the natural? Do you have pleasant relationships with them?
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
meeper
Silver Member

Cousin or angry uncle2

Post by meeper »

Hi P.U.S.H

Thanks for posting....My cousin and uncle appeared in to different but recent dreams not many days apart.

Both are really distant from me. I rarely see them. I have a much better relationship with my cousin when I have seen her than with my uncle.

My uncle has always been distant because of a family dispute over inheritance between him and my parents when I was early teens. My parents both now dec'd.

My uncle's name means ruler of the people, and my cousins means grace/favour. I am still not sure what that means in terms of the two dreams.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi Meeper:

Strangely, in all the dream interpretation experience I've had, I've never run across a good definition of specifically an uncle or cousin. But I've also had uncle and cousin dreams, which have been difficult for me to decipher. So I'm glad you bring this up as it causes me to think specifically about this.

I have seen definitions for family in dreams as meaning our spiritual family, but this has never really hit the spot for me with my dreams, exactly.

On further thinking, uncles may be the closest thing we have to a father (except for a grandfather), other than our actual father, but they can also be like a brother. So somewhere in between a father and brother or a combination of both. Could be symbolic of the Godhead?

Cousins are like siblings, only a step away. Could symbolize a brother or sister in Christ.

Anger always represents control to me, whether in a dream or real life--a good red flag.

Hope this is helpful, Meeper!
Peggy O.
meeper
Silver Member

Uncle and cousin

Post by meeper »

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for your post. Its very helpful. I did wonder whether my cousin referred to a sister church in our team of churches, but your explanation broadens it out a bit more to a brother or sister.

I also had not found any dream explanations about Cousin, or Uncle - or for that matter Aunt either so I thought it would be interesting to ask folks. (though I haven't dreamt about an aunt recently).

God being angry could be a possibility - but not sure in this case as uncle was also claiming (because we're a childless couple) that husband and I spend too much time tog. and were too sweet on each other. I can't imagine God would mind that - but maybe I'm wrong. I'll certainly give it some thought.

thanks again for posting
Jules
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Meep, not sure if you're still around, but I was searching for something and your dream came up and I wanted to share what I see. I think that maybe the Lord is showing you that you both have a lot to give and he wants you to share somehow!
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
meeper
Silver Member

Post by meeper »

hi Warrior Princess

Thanks for your insights. I am about still but haven't had any major dreams recently which I have remembered the next day for some reason .

I hope you don't mind my asking but I am trying to understand my dream... do you think my husband and I have a lot to share because that is what I dreamed my uncle was angry about? b I was wondering where the sharing came in relation to the dreams..

one was about my cousin being unfaithful to her husband, and the other dream my uncle was being very angry husband and I were spending so much time together.

meeper