Afraid Of The Ape

Archives for 2009
ispeaktheword
Gold Member

Afraid Of The Ape

Post by ispeaktheword »

Hello Everyone,

Dream:

I lived in an apartment with my two kids. Their names mean hope & faith and God fearing. There was a black ape living in the house with us. After awhile I became afraid of this ape. He was not threatening but I was afraid of it. I would tell my friends that I have this ape in my house but it wasn't a big deal to them. Some how the ape was not in the apartment anymore but I was still afraid and kept thinking it was. I kept listening and watching to see if it would appear. I remember talking to my dad on the phone and he was comforting.

Now me and the kids are somewhere and we are walking the halls. At the end of the hall I spot the ape on a bike. I grabbed the kids and we ran out of there. Now my stepson was with us and I told him to throw the kids in the car, don't worry about buckling them in. I ran quickly to check my mail. I had to open the box with a key. There was lots of mail in the box. I took some of the mail and threw it into my car. Then I ran back to get the rest of the mail. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

ispeaktheword...an ape can represent something which controls by threatening domination in some way...now virtually anything we feed in our lives can become a threat to our hope and faith and replace our rightful fear of God with a fear of man...

For some reason...I am wondering if this ape has to do with the fear of shame and the need to keep up appearances (fear of what others think of you)...you seem to have recognized whatever this ape represents because the very fact you are aware that he is there...and then that he has gone and then reappears indicates this...so you're doing battle on this front but you perhaps need to confront it rather than run away (funnily enough there is an expression we use in the UK "on your bike" which means get gone! Good one to use for the ape in this case!!)

...I am seeing the full mail box as a need to get back to reading God's mail to you...maybe spending more time in the WOrd and prayer and intimacy with HIm...this will strengthen you.

As we say on here...weigh and pray and toss the dross!

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
ispeaktheword
Gold Member

Post by ispeaktheword »

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my dream. You totally interpreted this dream correctly. I'm in total agreement with everything you said. I don't even know how you picked up on "keeping up on appearances and being afraid of what others think". That blew my mind. God had to have revealed that to you because I don't see the connection in the dream but it's true. I'm dealing with something right now regarding that statement. Needing to spend more time with God is also true. I just started working a temp job 2 weeks ago. Prior to that I spent most of my time reading the word and communing with the Lord. Since starting the job it's been hard to find that quality time with the Lord. Thank you for your insight. I needed this. Blessings to you!

Ispeaktheword
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Ispeaktheword- glad you were blessed...I do very much believe that GOd speaks through our dreams and I am very aware that sometimes I am quickened in a line of thinking which reveals God's voice; other times I get it totally wrong and other times I get some grains of revelation but not all...that is the beauty of this board...it is wondrous to see how God uses all the different gifting and so on to put together the puzzle or the riddle...sometimes there are many layers or meanings to one dream...I hope you will grow in your gifting in this area too-don't be afraid to make mistakes!

I will share a little picture I had which quickened my reply to you:

I saw an ape...aping (copying) the appearance of humans...this led to the phrase "keeping up appearances" which as we all know is linked to being afraid or overly concerned by what people think of us...leading to maintaining a pretense of facade of who we really are...I also saw the word "appear" ("I kept watching to see if it would appear") as being a key word and prayed for understanding on why...I also felt that the name "God fearing" was a key and saw man fearing as the inevitable opposite...the combination of these thoughts and prayers led me to what I wrote...once again I repeat that I see that you have gained victory over this issue but you will do well to remember that it will most likely re-appear when you need to step out, take a stand etc....at least you will recognise clearly what you need to do!

ispeaktheword...Keep seeking HIm and He will become your all in all...you will become so secure you will be able to do great exploits for His kingdom of righteousness and justice and love because you will not be afraid of man's judgment...this world needs more and more people like you to recognize the ape and tell it to get on its bike!

1 Samuel 16:7
Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3