Broken Pitcher

Archives for 2009
wheretonow33
Silver Member

Broken Pitcher

Post by wheretonow33 »

Hi. I am hoping to get some further revelation or confirmation. I had dreamed that I had sent a box/package to a woman's house, but I received the package back in the mail. I was thinking the woman had sent it back. Then, I discovered a note from the postal service, saying that the contents were broken. I shook the box and I could hear the pieces shaking around. I guess, I had sent a nice pitcher. It reminded me of a collectible pitcher I had bought in real life. I never opened the box, I just knew what was in it. I was wondering how and when the pitcher was broken. Did she do it? The postal people? I wondered if I had packed it safely. I think I may have then read the word "fragile" on the box. I did not think that I would have packed it so loosely with nothing to protect it.

IRL, I have been praying about whether I should have guardianship of my granddaughters. Their mother is gone. Their father has been abusing drugs and is unable to take care of them, at this time. The other g.mother had temporary guardianship of them. Then two women arranged for the girls to be removed from her care and moved into one of these women's care. This was not done in an open and nice way. Accusations were made against the other g.mother, not all of them true. The other g.mother was appealing in court, but passed away a week before Thanksgiving. I have been going through this legal battle. I don't like the ugliness of making allegations about this woman. I want to handle this like the Lord would want me to. I felt this woman took advantage of a situation for her own gain. I want to be compassionate. I am in turmoil. I don't know what the Lord wants me to do. I don't know if I am the best choice, either. I will gladly do it, though. I love the girls. I just want to know what the Lord's will is in this.

Thank you.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

It is definately a fragile or delicate situation, and just due to the situation of the circumstances in their life regarding these issues, something delicate is already broken inside of them. (The Lord can heal this!) Pitchers are used for holding liquids like water, I think of pitchers as our bodies aka vessels for holding the Holy Spirit. (ref 2 cor 4:7) The post office to me represents govermnent officials in charge of delivery, and they are returning the package to you. I personally feel that it is a huge life changing decision but it is now in your court so to speak for you to choose what to do. Praying for the situation, let us know how it goes. Hope this helps on your dream.

in Christ,
wheretonow33
Silver Member

Post by wheretonow33 »

Brian, Thank you for your response. I had been gone over the weekend and just read your reply.

Like, I believe I stated, that I have been struggling with a decision. I don't know if this dream was an answer to my questioning or the result of my thoughts about this situation.

I believe I had a motive or intention in sending them something. Why a pitcher, I don't know.

I wonder what the pitcher was representative of? Something homey? Was this a reaching out?

Was the act of this lady sending it back, a suggestion for me to back off? Was it my preconceived notion of what she might do, since she kept it from the girls?

Was this telling me that I am an empty vessel?

I still am not clear, but thank you for your perspective.

In Christ.