re-home the owls?

Archives for 2010
charlie
Diamond Member

re-home the owls?

Post by charlie »

Last night I dreamt that I was witnessing the destruction of some woodland. Local residents were being asked to offer homes to the animals which lived in this zone. I can't recall all the animals but I remember that they had several owls to rehome and I was really really keen to rehome these owls in our back garden...I was wondering though if our trees were big enough (IRL we only have one tall tree and the rest are smaller fruit trees!). My husband seemed unsure about it but I was longing to have these owls!

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Owl can mean more things good or bad.It can mean wisdom earthly or from above,but can mean unclean spirit.
In this case,I think it was a pleasant dream,so maybe it means wisdom.Maybe it's about getting more wisdom (please read Proverbs,about wisdom).
Please pray about it.If it's not what the Lord tells you,toss it.
God bless you.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hi Ditte3...thanks for your thoughts...yes...I think the owls were positive...I had a very good feeling about them in the dream...it was almost as if others had rushed to offer to rehome the other animals but none had felt able to take on the owls...the obstacle seemed ot be a practical one...ie it just wasn't practical to offer to rehome the owls...(which is why my ever practical husband was thinking the same! :roll: :wink:). I often associate owls with wisdom...or reflection and precision in thought and action...

On the other hand...in the bible owls are often associated with the wilderness or desolate places (as well as being in the list of unclean to eat birds of course)...

Maybe it was just one of those dreams...dunno...

thanks again!

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Charlie,

These owls are so cute. They look like babies.

Just thoughts here...

I agree with the wisdom and other traits of owls can be...binocular vision, farsighted and stealth. They can keep rodents at bay.

Sounds like a big responsiblity, that you are up for as far as the work involved in learning.

They are used to living in darkness.

Out of the darkness and into the Light.

A few thoughts about the re-home because their wilderness is being taken away...

This reminds me of being ready to welcome those who are coming out of the wilderness and into the "promised land".
Even those who have been wild and can be a big responsibilty to raise up in Christs Garden of Life.

Who? Who? Will take them on?

I do believe many who have been lost and felt deserted and desolate are coming back home to Him.

Concider also for your discernemnt..

A group of owls is a Parliament. This could involve intercession for government as well..

Leave what does not work,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Interesting. I just read this. It mentions owls in the first paragraph:
http://www.ibethel.org/conferences/c61/ ... rence.html
...that I might know Him...
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

(((Wow wooo)))...very interesting Piano...your thoughts uncovered a couple of different things which give me further insight...I had thought of ministering to those who had come out of the wilderness...have always felt led to encourage the fringe folk (so many mighty mighty warriors in that group...unafraid of the judgement of man) and hey...very interesting that a group of owls is called a parliament...and the government shall be upon His shoulders (((((glooooooory))))...mmmm I do have a passion to see things brought into right alignment according to the ethics of the kingdom...

And Charys....wow...even the picture of the owl on that conference header....vision piercing the darkness...I think that is very significant for these days...we must develop a mind set completely drenched in His light so that the darkness is no obstacle to the perceiving...wow...very interesting...stuff to pray into here for sure....not sure what this means for me personally but I know this is something God has released to me for a reason...

Thanks Piano and Charys...that has been very helpful.

Grace
charlie
Charlie