Dream of running a race and an infatuation

Archives for 2007
From Glory to Glory
Bronze Member

Dream of running a race and an infatuation

Post by From Glory to Glory »

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been AWOL lately...been battling bronchitis...but am much better now.

I had a dream the other night that I am wondering about. It is pretty detailed. Here it is:

Dream: I was running in a race (at times, I am a runner)…it was a marathon and the course trekked all around in a winding course, some of it indoors, I believe, but most of it outside, culminating with several laps around a track. As I was running the race, my dad (who was a runner and has passed away) was encouraging me. For some reason, I realized that a man had completed part of the race for me. He was a blond, nameless, unknown guy, but I found him to be quite attractive. Anyway, as I was running the race and preparing to run the last part of it, my father kept telling me that I could stop now and that I had done a great job and he was proud of me and I didn’t need to go on. However, I kept explaining to him that I could not stop because I was so close to finishing the race. I was so proud of myself for actually being able to complete a marathon (even though the nameless guy had run part of it for me), and I did not want to stop when I knew I could go on. I told my dad that it would have been easier to quit far away from the finish line, but to quit so close to the end would have been worse and a great disappointment to me. So, he said he understood and I kept running. Eventually, I got to the track and had only to run a few laps around to finish. My mom and dad were there to cheer me on (they are both passed away, but were great at positive reinforcement). As I was running the laps, I was amazed at my speed…I was running incredibly fast and with such energy and with very little effort…I was not at all winded and my breathing was very calm and easy. I also noticed that as I was running my laps, I kept wagging my index finger up and down on my right hand. Then, just before the end, the runners had to stop briefly while the officials of the race had to work out some details. I did not want to stop my flow, so even though I stopped running around the track, I did try to keep moving by jumping up and down, etc. Eventually, we were able to start the race again and I noticed that each lane had our names written down on them and I had to find which lane had my name on it as I was running around the track so that I would know which lane I was supposed to be in. It was hard to decipher which lane said my name as I was running fast around the track. Eventually I finished the race and I was so proud of myself for running a marathon and I found out that I was one of only 12 who actually finished. Earlier, I had gotten the impression that I would win a trophy, because I thought I would be in the top 3, but because of the time where the officials told us to stop running, I fell a bit behind and I finished 12th, I believe, so I didn’t get a trophy, but that was ok because I still finished and most people didn't.

Then it switched and I became incredibly infatuated with the man that had run part of the race for me. In my dream, he was dating an old friend of mine, Jennifer, but they were breaking up. I thought he was so handsome and I wanted him bad. I even met his mother and won her over. I spent this part of the dream flirting with him, knowing that I could not be with him because I was married, but eventually we were on a couch and I asked him if he would want to sleep with me if I was not married and he said “of course” and I was just hot-to-trot for him. I eventually gave him a little kiss on the lips, but when I kissed him, it was like I was kissing my husband. I also remember thinking that I was not going to tell my husband that I kissed this man. (It would kill me to keep a secret like that in real life and I would NEVER cheat on my beloved husband in real life, nor do I have any man that I am infatuated with). He and I spent the conversation talking about how much we wanted to be together, but couldn’t because I was married. I wanted to be free so that I could be with him, but yet, I did not want to leave my family and I loved my husband. Eventually, my kids and then my husband walked in the room. My husband knew of my infatuation with this man, and was trying to be understanding and hoped that I would choose to stay with him. End of dream.

I would greatly appreciate any insight here! Thanks!

Pam
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Hi Pam,

Glad you're getting better!

kimibrew
talitha

Post by talitha »

Pam, I had a dream with some similar themes..... and I want to find it to refer you to..... I think you'll identify with it and some things people said to me.....
talitha

Post by talitha »

ooh here it is - on the old site - I had this dream, wow, almost a year ago.....

falling in love again....

I was just looking at it the other day and got some more insights on it...... the Lord began speaking to me through it again.....

In your dream account, one thing that strikes me and is different from my dream is the encouragement of your parents - it reminds me of the "cloud of witnesses" in Hebrews 11 I think it is? Pam, I know you have been tempted to throw in the towel at times over the last couple of years, but there is a race marked out for you, and you are destined to finish it. You will finish it. That's what I see in the first part of this dream- the Lord is showing you that Heaven is cheering you on.....

blessings
tal
From Glory to Glory
Bronze Member

Post by From Glory to Glory »

Thanks so much, Tal! I am so moved by what you said about my parents still cheering me on and being surrounded by a cloud of witnesses! That just speaks to my spirit on so many levels! Thank you!

Thanks also for sharing about your dream...I can see so many parallels here. I am wondering about the man that ran part of the race for me...could he possibly be the Holy Spirit? Like maybe He ran part of it for me, but at some point, I had to finish the race? But, then I can't figure out about the infatuation thing. I was wondering about him being God, but I definitely knew that being infatuated with him was wrong and I was cheating and lusting after him. I wanted him in a sexual way, not really so much that I was in love with him, although I felt that I could fall in love with him. I'll keep praying about it. So much about your dream reminds me of mine, and I enjoyed the responses to your dream as well.

Thanks so much again!

Blessings,

Pam