The Piano

Archives for 2007
hollywood
Silver Member

The Piano

Post by hollywood »

Good Morning All,

My girlfriend had a dream that I was sitting down playing the piano and none of us can determine what that is relating to???? Can anyone help???

[b]PLEASE NOTE[/b]: NO, I do NOT play the piano....when I was in Jr. High I took piano lessons but I do not play now and I propably never will..I have no intrest to do so.

thank you
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

I don't have an interpretation, but I'll be waiting to see some input on this, since I once had a piano dream myself. In my dream there was NO ONE playing it (it appeared to be a baby grand piano).

I think whether it's standing there unplayed (as in my dream) or actually BEING PLAYED, and by WHOM (you, for instance) is very significant.

Piano music is beautiful and can, in the right hands, be 'instrumental' in ushering worshippers into the presence of God. SO I think it has something to do with you functioning as God's intrument, perhaps with others.
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

What stands out to me with a piano is all the "keys" they have...And they are all "black and white"....no inbetween.

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
hollywood
Silver Member

Post by hollywood »

Does anyone know what a piano means from the dream books. I know that tehillah has a dream book but I can not tell what piano represents from the book....does anyone have an idea????

Thanks
talitha

Post by talitha »

According to Swedenborg's Dictionary of Bible Imagery: the playing of musical instruments and their sounds "symbolize affections and the joys they produce. Music and instruments also symbolize worship from a joyful heart. In general wind instruments express affections aof good; stringed instruments, affection of truth. When producing harmonic sounds they actually move those affections. The cause lies in the nature of sound itself, and so from the correspondance of things which flow from the relationship of things in the natural world with things in the spirutal world, so musical instrumentscorrespond to the delights and pleasantnesses of spiritual and celestial affections -- some to the former and some to the latter. Sounds bear the corrrespondance, the discrete [distinct] sounds exciting affections of truth, and the continuous [flowing] sounds arousing affections of good. Musical instruments and singing symbolize the affections putting themselves forth by sounds and words...."