Does anyone else journal their dreams and prayers?

Archives for 2010
digitaldisciple

Does anyone else journal their dreams and prayers?

Post by digitaldisciple »

(I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to put this, if I'm in error, feel free to move the topic.)

I've recently begun doing so as a record for myself later. I've been putting in my dreams, my prayers, and praise reports. I thought about using a notebook but that doesn't work so well and it's not private so I'm using a free blogging service I can text things to on the fly if need be.
My purpose is to look over them later and see how I've grown. I got the idea from Life Journal.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

I'd venture to say lots (most?) of us journal our dreams. We most definitely should be. And, oh yes, it's humbling to look back and be amazed at one's growth! It makes me hunger for more...more of Him! Causes me to pause and wonder...what, in my ignorance, am I missing? Teach more, Lord....and faster!

It's also very helpful for those dreams you don't get immediate interps for. You know....those dreams where revelation seems to *trickle in* a drop at a time as you walk out your faith. We all know Papa sees the end from the beginning but it still amazes me to see Him in action!

One thing I've found extremely helpful is to keep a handheld recorder on my nightstand. Call me lazy (if you must *chuckle*) but sometimes I find it difficult to wake myself up enough to grab pen & paper however handy it may be. And no matter how many times I go over the dream in my head, determined to remember it in the morning, I would too often awaken to find it *poof*....gone. I find I can record the dream effortlessly and return almost immediately to dream land, lol. (Seriously...a couple of times I have discovered dreams on my recorder of which I had zero recall until I heard my own voice spelling it out.)

I know a couple of members here who actually get up & type their dreams on the computer, either here or in an online dream journal. Oh, I'd love to be that kinda person! But I have to be realistic...it just ain't gonna happen with me *sigh* While I do keep a dream log on the computer, I also print out my dreams & keep them in a binder next to my prayer journal (which is hand-written). I like to add notes as I receive revelation and I find that's easiest for me.

To each his own....just find a system that works for you and stick with it. The easier it is for *you* the more likely you are to keep it up. Folks who don't keep a dream journal don't know what they're missing...what a treasure to have a written record of Papa's words to you! I can't count the times I've read over [really, really] old dreams to discover a NOW word which touched my heart and encouraged me in my present circumstances.

blessings,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I have kept a dream journal for many years now... so many notebooks and pages written of dreams and or visions and studies that came also through them and the study of God's Word that there are numerous.

Anyway that you can record what you are receiving from the Lord is awesome whether it is by a recorder, or writing it down as it comes and going back to sleep, or on computer etc. will be the best way for you.

Years after I had been taking careful notes of my dreams and visions and words and what I had been learning from the Lord and writing down in my journals, I then had a prophetic word that the Lord was going to use all that (was written) in the future...

Anyway that you document what you are receiving is a blessing.

May you continue to be blessed through HIM.
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
digitaldisciple

Wow it would be great to have your dreams and visions and even prayers make a difference to someone else in the future. I found a bunch of my Mom's artwork and poetry after her passing. It would have been a huge treasure to find words on her dreams and her thoughts about the Lord.
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

In many of my dream journals, I even drew pictures to go along with them...
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re:

Post by Counted4Him »

digitaldisciple,

What a nice name lol.

About journaling, I myself do keep two journals, one with the dreams, visions or experiences that relate to the other senses and one with illustrations so I will never forget.

I like the idea about a recorder, I think I will invest in that bcs at my stage in life (older) I do forget, and busy with my gran and family I think I will remember then its a blurr.

I found that I do go and re-read and I realize that I get answers to questions of dreams years ago!! Wow, the Lord is awesome. I keep the journal bcs I saw it scriptually and because I have been told to write it down in my dream. Life keeps you busy and sometimes you may need to go back and go over, but it also reveals how the Lord is always talking. Very humbling.

God bless!
digitaldisciple

I've been told directly and in many messages to write things down. I've felt the prompting about this as well.
I know that I will be able to go over them later and glean so much.
I am excited!
It's also so nice to hear that others are doing the same. :)
I was just also surprised to see that someone has a computer program specifically for journaling dreams. Blogger is currently suiting my needs for free lol, but that it such an interesting concept!
I think it has graphs and stuff to document frequency.
Wild. I would have never thought of that.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

yup!! i even find some of my dreams connected, telling a story and bringing me to the next chapter (revealing more):)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

Awesome topic. Yes, most of us here journal our dreams in one fashion or another, whether on paper in physical notebooks/journals or electronically on the web. I even copy off my most signifigant dreams from time to time to my own personal website. http://mysite.verizon.net/bjcollin/dreams/ I do like the idea of keeping an electronic journal (the html/text files of my dreams serve that purpose for me) of my dreams. I also like your internet blog idea, but if kept on another website it doesn't seem like it would be privite enough if that is your goal. There is blog software out there that lives on your own personal PC which would be much more private, now there even is sw made for dream keeping on your local PC. pretty cool how the times are changing.

in Christ,
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Yes, definately. Sometimes I don't do it right away and I forget the details, so it is a good idea to write them down ASAP. Also, there is a record of the ones you put on here and you can look them up under search. This also helps us keep track of what the Lord is revealing to us...we should take this seriously by keeping a record. However, they could be demonic or just soulish and when we know where they came from we can journal the ones from the Lord. Great topic... :P
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

I have been journaling my dreams, visions, and words received since Feb 2009 (4 months after receiving the HS). My first entry was a vision of a young couple from church holding a baby boy. They are 5 months along now and I found out this month they are having a boy!! Praise God!

I keep my journal on my headboard. If I get something in the middle of the night I just open it up (in the dark!!) and I record the words I received or a short line to remind myself of the dream in the morning. I do this in the dark so as not to wake my husband. Interesting enough, I find that 99% of the time every line I write is at least begun between the lines! This never ceases to amaze me...God is so awesome!

I love looking back over my journals and seeing all of the wonderful things God is teaching me. And I pray for clearer discernment (like what does a winged fish or ketchup mean?).

Blessings to you all! :o)
Mary