Dream that felt so real

Archives for 2010
chica4christ
Gold Member

Dream that felt so real

Post by chica4christ »

I dreamed that I reconciled back with my ex husband, it felt so real. I dreamed that he came back to me and at first I was shocked, then it hit that he truly was repentant of everything that had happened and wanted to get back together. I then had to reintroduce him to everyone again that he had known at one time. Weird part of the dream was I introduced him to my friend that recently got divorced and she looked baffled as to why I had reconciled with him and I just smiled. After that my ex and I were just strolling and talking about life and what not, and it seemed so peaceful. I had introduced him to everyone as my boyfriend and I seemed so happy.

I dont know where this dream came from as my ex remarried almost 2 yrs ago after our divorce. We've been divorced now for 3 yrs and I rarely if ever think about him anymore as I have moved on.

Makes me wonder???
Amber Allman
Gold Member

Post by Amber Allman »

Ira Milligan's dream interp book indicates that the ex-husband can symbolize something of the world...something you were attached to before you were saved or freed. Can also represent a former authority figure.

Not sure if this helps...
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Hi chica4christ:

Not sure if I have this exactly right, but maybe it will be of some benefit. If not, feel free to toss.

It seems that being reconciled with an ex could represent having had some distance come between you and God and the fact that your relationship being renewed, or He is desiring for it to be renewed. Also going deeper in that relationship now that reconciliation has occurred (if it has).

Hope this helps, be blessed!
Mary
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

chica4christ,

Have you ever left a church on bad terms or because of conflict with a pastor?

I see the ex husband as possibly being an old or former pastor and maybe that relationship is going to be restored.

Your friend that recently got divorced represents someone who has had a parallel experience as you and is witnessing the reconciliation power of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I think the message of the dream is reconciliation; it's either for you the dreamer or if you're a teacher or pastor, God may be telling you to study reconciliation because it needs to be shared.

TS
Truth Seeker