Me hanging out with Obama

Archives for 2007
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Me hanging out with Obama

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I had a dream fairly recently that I was close with the presidential candidate (US), Barrack Obama. We weren't married but were pretty close, possibly engaged. I went with him to dinners and functions and remember thinking or feeling in the dream that I was glad to be able to be out in public with him because then people would take note of me (for being with him) and then maybe I could help them, witness to them, etc. It wasnt a pride or ego thing, it was that I felt people who might not pay attention to me by myself/on my own, would, being seen with Obama.

He and I didnt talk much and he wasnt unkind or rude in any way. We were staying at a hotel together as I seemed to be traveling with him.

Anybody have any idea what this means? It bothered me because I was thinking of who or what he might represent and thinking it cant be anything Christian. But I dont know, maybe theres a far deeper meaning...??

IRL I dont have much of an opinion on this man one way or the other.
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Manassehs_Warrior,
I believe that this dream speaks of your fears of not being in a place of influence to be used by God.

I want to encourage you that you know someone greater than a presidential candidate. You know the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.

Acts 4:13 - Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.

Peter and John were not influencial people on there own but people saw that they had been with Jesus.

Blessings,
sheep
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

I'm with sheep. The only one we need to be close to is Jesus. People should see Jesus in us.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Thank u Sheep and blessings.

That does sorta fit.... I always feel like I dont matter and what I do isnt important at all because its on such a very small scale (small town, same one i grew up in, and i dont travel due to fear, etc). I seem to think unless I am a "big name" in Christiandom that what I do doesnt really matter, unimportant, etc.

Thanks for the insights....
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

I see Jesus giving me a pair of scissors and I just spiritual cut off what has been holding you back from walking in God's fullness so you can acceiving His purpose for your life.

God loves you and loves those people who you touch in that small town :)

Many Blessings!!!
sheep
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Wow, thanks Sheep...!

All my life, since well high school really, ive wanted nothing more than to leave this small town and all of its very painful memories behind me. But no matter what, i always end up right back here... I got away, not far, but away for 3 years from 1999 - 2002, and then ended up right smack here and been here ever since, to my chagrin.

I have wanted to go far, far away.... and never see anyone i used to know (painful past as i said) ever again. I didnt see how i could ever heal or ever move on with reminders in my face all the time (former schools, seeing old teachers or parents of kids i knew or kids themselves.... reading of them in local paper, familiar sounding last names, etc). It caused me so much unhappiness and misery...
:( It also seemed cruel to me that Jesus wouldnt let me leave, I mean I am a grown-up supposedly and should be able to leave/move away if i want to...! But ive had so many trials and struggles, i just could not take care of myself enough to get away.

I dont know why He wants me here and I still hate the thought of possibly ever seeing someone i once knew or went to school with, but i remain stuck here.

Thank u, for your post. It made me feel a little better...... seems to confirm that He does want me staying here (no matter how unhappy it makes me). I wonder what He had u cut off? I am not sure, but thank u for your post again. I have felt so "Stuck"... and like in a way that nothing would make me happy, no matter what it was.

Sorry to ramble, I do tend to do that.

God bless you,

MW
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Your very welcome MW. :)

Sometimes the Lord keeps us in situations so He can work a healing in that area. I know that sometimes it can be extremely painful...

Some other things I noticed about the vision were the colours. The scissor were green which I feel is referring to conscience and the thing that was being cut was a white string which I feel are the lies of the enemy. I feel that you have trouble accepting God's forgiveness and I believe that the root of that is not forgiving yourself.

sheep