Dream about volcano

Archives for 2007
Alabaster
Bronze Member

Dream about volcano

Post by Alabaster »

Hi, I had this dream a month ago and it was very vivid.

In the dream I picked up the newspaper and was looking at the front page in the bottom right-hand corner. It was an article about Mount St. Helen erupting. I remember thinking this can't be really happening. Then I put the paper down and the news came on and my husband and I saw where Mount St. Helens erupted massively and the U.S. was being destroyed. Next it was like a vision. I saw the U.S. like a map and it was turning red like lava flowing from the west flowing east. People are being warned to leave the country and are rushing to get plane tickets to leave the country. Then I see my mom and dad in their bedroom laying in bed together praying to not suffer too much from the lava and heat long because they cannot afford to get a plane ticket to escape. Then my husband, youngest son and I get on a plane with others to fly to another country but I can't recall exactly which one. Then I'm looking out the plane window and the lava only destroyed 2/3rd of the country. My heart ached for my parents because I remember thinking about them laying peacefully in their bed together hugging each other. From about Indiana or Ohio to the east coast did not get destroyed and I remember everyone feeling a little releaved that the whole U.S. wasn't destroyed. Then I woke up. That dream was very disturbing.

I told my husband about it, then tried not to think about it anymore, but then this past Thursday I had another dream about a volcano.

I saw it like a vision. I could see 2 volcanos above the ground and below like a sliced map. The pools of lava from each came together and then there was a big explosion. Then the same thing happened. On the news people were being warned to leave the country because the U.S. was going to be destroyed. People were rushing everywhere. I wasn't with my husband this time, but was with a fireman. (I sense my son was there but I don't recall for sure). We were getting on the plane to fly to another country and then they announced the plane was flying to Fiji. Then I woke up.

The second dream didn't have any reference to a volcano name. I just remember that they were in the U.S. and they were somewhat close to one another.

Does anyone have any insight about these? Thanks for any help in advance.
Travis
Silver Member

Post by Travis »

I find this very interesting because I've had a dream about volcano's as well 2 volcano's that erupt at the same time. I've had it 2 times that I know about. In the dream I was running with a bunch of other people away from the one volcano and towards the other and I realized it was flowing as well, the ground was also erupting not just the volcanoes. I was a very vivid dream I had it about a year ago I believe. Toward the end of the dream I was a military leader of sorts evacuating people.
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

Doesnt it say, in the story of joseph that if you have one bad dream, it could be nothing, or prevented. But if the dream happens twice, it's confirmed that a thing will happen?
Travis
Silver Member

Post by Travis »

All though it is true what about the pharoah's dream happening twice, and it was a done deal. I'm not sure about what the symbolism in this dream would be, in the dream I had it felt as though it was going to happen as when I had the dream again and realizing it in my dream I tried a different route to avoid it but was unable too.

At the end of the dream I was some type of commander in the army evacuating people and using a large walkie talkie. But the similarities of 2 volcanoes was weird.

note: I live in the pacific northwest, we have lots of volcanoes of various ages, active and inactive. Regardless though Jesus talks about these things happening in the end time and we know the time is short. So lift up your head for the time is near!!!!

Travis
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Alabaster,
This isn't an interp, but I was wondering if there is something in your life that could violently erupt any time now? Possibly something that has been just below the surface for a long time now.

Praying for you to receive an interpretation.

Blessings and hugs,
Joy
Alabaster
Bronze Member

Post by Alabaster »

Hello everyone and thanks for the insight! There's nothing that I can think of that's about to erupt in my life now. If I would have had these dreams about 3 or 4 years ago I could understand because my husband was sent away to Iraq and it was very hard on the family just knowing that he was over there in harms way, but that's over now and he's back and doing fine and things are going ok now and have been for the past several years. I think the insight from Genesis about Pharoh having the dreams twice is interesting, but he had them in the same night. All I remember feeling in the dreams was that a disaster happened and it specifically said in both dreams that a volcano erupted and devistated most of the U.S. I was kind of surprised because I never have imagined a volcanic disaster in the states. Instead, I've always heard of people talking about the big one, like an earthquake hitting in California or something. And for others to have dreamed about this too, could it be another warning from God about future events? I'm just gonna remember that if we've accepted Jesus as our Savior though, there's nobody and nothing, not even a volcanic disaster that can snatch us from His hand, hallelujah! Thanks again to everyone and God bless!
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

Alabastar, I'm sure it could very well be symbolic, but while I've not been feeling "doom and gloom" I feel like something such as a disaster will touch the world soon. That will take many saints home. I was theorizing this in another thread.

I think it should be a peaceful thing, because I think if alot of people do go, itll be very fast.
Alabaster
Bronze Member

Post by Alabaster »

Krista, yes I agree. God bless!
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

Greek meaning: Helen

wicker, reed, shoot, torch, basket

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens

Mount St. Helens is 45 miles (72 km) west of Mount Adams, in the western part of the Cascade Range. These "sister and brother" volcanic mountains are approximately 50 miles (80 km) from Mount Rainier, the highest of Cascade volcanoes. Mount Hood, the nearest major volcanic peak in Oregon, is 60 miles (96 km) southeast of Mount St. Helens.
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

When I first read this I thought of God's judgement on the church in america... not to destory it or anything ... but to get her running.

Like lighting a fire under America...

sheep
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

LOL oh my goodness sheep, WONDERFUL nick, and wonderful wonderful avatar!
Travis
Silver Member

Post by Travis »

hello again alabaster

In my dream that was like this, It was a matter of it was going to happen, I dug around in the USGS website as well as others. It was very interesting, the reason I say this is because I didn't think there could be a volcanic eruption that could take 2/3 of the U.S.A. What's really weird is that on there site you can look a different outcomes, and on those outcomes the effective area looks like 2/3 of the western half of the US. It was also interesting to note that there are different types of volcanoes some that even lay a huge area flat with basins. Also of mention when I google earthed it and such and found that the that in Oregon and Washington, from the position I saw in the dream the bottom left the was st. Helen's and the one to the top right was mount Raineer. It has been shown that if raineer was to blow it's top, past evidenceay showss the lava flows from it would flow all the way to pugdodo
Alabaster
Bronze Member

Post by Alabaster »

Hey Naveah, Krista, Sheep and Travis. Thank you all for some more wonderful insight. That's a lot of great info! I'm going to check out those sites more in depth. The more I pray about this the more I feel deep in my spirit that it is a real disaster and yes God's judgement, I really do! But I was a little encouraged in the first dream because it was originally going to destroy the whole U.S. but then it specifically said that only 2/3 were destroyed and the rest was spared. I live in the midwest and the only volcano that I ever even think about was Hawaii back in the summer only because we went there on vacation then, but I never think about volcanos. You all have helped me a lot to get a better understanding of this and have brought some things to the table that I didn't see or know. It's good we as the body of Christ can share with each other and work together for the spreading of the Gospel. And even though I feel that more signs are coming to pass very soon, I have been praying and am going to put my focus on God and not the circumstances and just take this as a heads up from God to His people. He already warns us in His word of what is coming and we are to watch and be ready because no man knows the hour, AND that He is with us, His children, Amen and Hallelujah! God bless!!!