meaning

Archives for 2007
sophie
Gold Member

meaning

Post by sophie »

Hi and blessings,

The other night while still sleepy these word came to mind, "Child on the now." I know it sounds a bit odd, but would still appreciate your thoughts as to what the possible meaning is.
Gal.2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

I think it is a call to action for God's child. Posssibley YOU
Have you been praying for direction for something?

My children have a in the know phrase but you said now.
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
sophie
Gold Member

Post by sophie »

Sorry, that should be "Child OF the now."
Gal.2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
talitha

Post by talitha »

Well, breaking that down......

I like to say I'm a child of the eighties - even though I graduated from highschool in 1982, a lot of my mentality is like people who graduated in 1990 - and the eighties music is what sticks in my mind..... LOL..... it kind of means that to some extent I was a "product" of that time period.

And then "the now" - that reminds me of when I was a kid (in the seventies, lol) watching the Oral Roberts show - he would always talk about how God wants to touch us "in the now" - it was his way of bringing God into our present-day lives, and it changed the way many Christians thought about God - no longer was Christianity a history lesson - it was a real present-time experience!

soooooo...... "child of the now"........ I have a feeling that the Lord was sort of calling you this as a part of your name - "Sophie - child of the now". In other words, what you decide and say and do NOW will shape you. This present time is a CRUCIAL time for you.

Interestingly, one of our members sent me some propetic insights from a meeting she attended, and there's one thing that this is reminding me of: This is the season that we need to really watch our mouths and what we say...this new year, whatever we say will dictate what is going to happen for the rest of our lives...

Child of the now, thanks for joining our little community - we're blessed to be chosen to encourage you even if for a little while......

blessings on you
tal
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

Sophie

Please forgive me for that play on words in my mind it had a different meaning but I'm supposed to be more in the Spirit. I am so sorry I am glad your here I didn't meen anything by it please forgive me.

Tal thanks for your gentle correction I will be more careful next time.
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
sophie
Gold Member

Post by sophie »

Naveah, nothing to forgive :)
sophie
Gold Member

Post by sophie »

talitha wrote:Well, breaking that down......

I like to say I'm a child of the eighties - even though I graduated from highschool in 1982, a lot of my mentality is like people who graduated in 1990 - and the eighties music is what sticks in my mind..... LOL..... it kind of means that to some extent I was a "product" of that time period.

And then "the now" - that reminds me of when I was a kid (in the seventies, lol) watching the Oral Roberts show - he would always talk about how God wants to touch us "in the now" - it was his way of bringing God into our present-day lives, and it changed the way many Christians thought about God - no longer was Christianity a history lesson - it was a real present-time experience!

soooooo...... "child of the now"........ I have a feeling that the Lord was sort of calling you this as a part of your name - "Sophie - child of the now". In other words, what you decide and say and do NOW will shape you. This present time is a CRUCIAL time for you.

Interestingly, one of our members sent me some propetic insights from a meeting she attended, and there's one thing that this is reminding me of: This is the season that we need to really watch our mouths and what we say...this new year, whatever we say will dictate what is going to happen for the rest of our lives...

Child of the now, thanks for joining our little community - we're blessed to be chosen to encourage you even if for a little while......

blessings on you
tal
Thanks tal, I believe this is indeed a crucial time for me.