book

Archives for 2010
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

book

Post by WaitingforHim »

I wrote a book. I needed to get it edited and published. My dad/grandfather told me of a place and a man that could do this for me..for some reason it seemed like the guy was a lawyer.

I remember going to the front yard of this persons house/office.
My dad was telling me that he would pay me for the book. I asked what he meant and he said that the man would buy the book from me and edit and publish it but that it wouldn't be my book anymore...I didn't like the sound of that. I said to my dad/grandpa, why would I do that? Its my book....I want to make sure its edited correctly and then publish it..I don't understand why someone would want to buy my book and put it in their name and publish it? That is strange. I figured out that they would make all the money for it..so that is why they were offering. I would only make a small amount and then the book would be theres for the profit...

I remember layind down in the front yard of this person's office and my dad/grandpa was covering me up with a white sheet. I didn't like it because it was hard to breathe with my head covered by this white sheet.

Any thoughts.?
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Jubilee2
Gold Member

Post by Jubilee2 »

Hi,

What came to me is that you creativity is being stifled - you being covered by the white sheet and you were not able to breathe properly.

It seems that you wanted to give up because you laid down in the man's office that wanted to take away your book and take credit for it.

Blessings to you,

Jubilee2
prayingwoman
Gold Member

Post by prayingwoman »

Just thoughts…

I don’t know if you really are about to write a book or if you plan to do so, but let’s assume the Lord has given you a revelation about a special theme or subject (or a couple of songs to make a Music CD or something like that) and now you try to find out a good way how to pass that knowledge/revelation on the Body of Christ so that the people will be blessed by it.

Your dad/grandfather in the dream may represent the Heavenly Father himself, who would like to show you in advance, what will or could possibly happen, if you do it the “usual” way, what means that you give the revelation for the Body of Christ in the” hands of the world”. Even if the publishing company is a Christian one – we all know that most publishers - Christian or not - do their job for the sake of money and not for the sake of blessing people. And if you give it away to a publisher – there are rules, laws to obey, worldly rules, even for the author (the guy you saw, was a lawyer). At least there will be a copyright on it - and then it is not free anymore. (I hate copyright, because - for example – it forces a church to pay for a song they want to sing in a worship service). So if you may give things (you freely received from heaven) away in that way, you may be in danger to lose it. I’m not sure, I never published a book, but I guess, that even you as the author cannot do with it, what you want (like publishing the book as a free download on your website), after it is in the hand of a publisher.

So I think this dream could be a warning. Remember Math. 10,8:

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

The white covering could represent a protection – given by your Heavenly Father. White stands for purity and holiness. In the dream you didn’t like it, because “it was hard to breathe”. Holiness is hard. To give the Lord’s revelation away without making profit or without a foreign well known publisher as a “mediator” is the “harder” way and because of that you probably will not like it.

Please forgive me, if my interpretation is wrong. Still have problems to say things exactly as I mean them in English (not my mother language).

Prayingwoman
Search me, O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139,23-24)
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

Hi WFH,

I might be way off, but what came to mind right off was that this may be the Father reminding you that what you have - the book in this case - is really not yours but HIS. The Lawyer I believe may represent Jesus, and if you are willing to give it to HIM, He will do what He wants - He will have control of how, when and if it is used. I too feel like the white sheet - may be the Holy Spirit and again it is not your breathe but His.

I am reminded of a dream I had recently about a ministry that I am starting. In the dream the ministry was a house that my husband and I loved and where planning to buy. In fact we had already moved many of our things into the space. Then the same realator that show us the house was showing it to another couple and they took their check book out and said - 'How much - we will right you a check right now.' The Lord showed me that the realitor was Jesus and the house was owed by Him and He could 'sell' it to who ever he wanted to sell it to. So, that was a hurtle I had to jump first - yes Lord - it is your ministry and you can 'sell' it to anyone you want. Then IRL, Lo and behold, a couple in our church came to me and asked if they could help me with the ministry. What a blessing - so now we all live happily ever after in our wonderful 'house'. :lol:
For your prayerful consideration.
Blessings,

Mary
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Absolutely wonderful:
Then IRL, Lo and behold, a couple in our church came to me and asked if they could help me with the ministry. What a blessing - so now we all live happily ever after in our wonderful 'house'.
Praises to God Our Father and Our Lord and Savior!!!
prayingwoman
Gold Member

Post by prayingwoman »

Hi again,

after I read ForHisGlory’s interpretation I agree about the lawyer representing Jesus.

I thought the lawyer was the “bad guy”, but it might have to do with my dislike for copyright and for what I have seen in some services, where the speaker (or his marketing guy) recommended his own books for the sake of money. I think I have to forgive them…

So - I think I’ve missed it, but I love this board, because it allows me to try even if I make mistakes without being rejected…

Prayingwoman
Search me, O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139,23-24)
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

Yes, this is a safe place for all of us to try :o
Blessings,

Mary