Chicken Wings, Army Men, a Piece of Junk, and Cocaine?

Archives for 2008
dbliss22
Platinum Member

Chicken Wings, Army Men, a Piece of Junk, and Cocaine?

Post by dbliss22 »

I had a dream that I can't quite remember all of, but the beginning most point that I recall was when I was walking through the hallways at a school (a school I was attending in the dream). At the front of the building someone had made homemade friend chicken-wings and biscuits and such, and was giving it out to everyone freely. There were military guys posted in this school and they were all raving about how good this chicken was. I walked around the hallways some, and came to a classroom with a female teacher I knew (in the dream not IRL). She had a bunch of the food, and I was still hungry and was going to get some, but she said it was bad and threw it all away. I looked in the trash and it looked completely fine but everyone was agreeing with her all of the sudden on how bad the food was - when I had just eaten some and it was really good (she had convinced even the soldiers how bad the food was...when they couldn't stop talking about how great it was not 10 minutes sooner). I walked out of the building because I had to go to another part of the campus to a class.

I had a rental car that was a real piece of junk that was red, and my brother was now riding with me. While we were driving, I missed the first entrance to where I was going, but sped up around some cars and basically did a power-slide into the other entrance. While driving up I saw one of my old friends (a girl) who was also going to this class with me, but I felt embarrassed about this car I was driving. I pulled up to a parking space and tried to park, but the brakes and E-brake were so weak that the car would just roll backwards. This was attempted multiple times and was very frustrating - so I moved the car to a spot that wouldn't roll (kind of at the peak of a little hill in the parking lot). I got out and parts of this car were literally falling off. My brother and I put this thing kindof back together and then he grabbed his book and went on ahead. I grabbed a red and black pen, closed the door, walked about two steps and realized I didn't grab my backpack. So I go to the back of the car, grab the rental keys out of my pocket - and that's when I look at the car and realize it is the exact same car I have now (it changed to my car which isn't working at the time :) ) I put my key in the back of the trunk, look up and kind of follow this woman with my eyes. The best way I can describe her is Roseanne w/ short blonde gurly hair. As she's getting close to the building she sees that I'm looking at her while she sees her reflection in the glass doors. She then says to herself sarcastically, "Oh yeah, he must be looking at you, the woman who feeds herself and her kids cocaine." I opened the car, grabbed my backpack - thinking I was going to be late but a bunch of people had just shown up so I knew I wasn't late- and walked toward class.

Any interps welcome...whatever the HS leads- I couldn't remember this dream...but as I kind of asked the Lord to reveal more of it to me I started to remember more and more...
Psalms 144:1
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

I thought that the chicken was like the gospel. Some people think it is wonderful. Others think it is trash even convincing those who thought positively that it is trash. It was free to begin with also.

I sense a lack of confidence.
dbliss22
Platinum Member

Post by dbliss22 »

I hadn't thought of it like that...but when I read it again some things became clearer to me...could you expound a little more?

Also...I remember my coach was there and he was commenting on how great this chicken was with me - IRL he is saved.
Psalms 144:1
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Not sure if this is actually an interp, however, this came to mind regarding the rental car, etc.

You may be getting into a ministry or church activity that you were not called to do but are doing it because you think there is nobody else to step up..not sure, or maybe this is a future thing. It seems to be falling apart or heading that way because it is not yours to bear. You then find your rightful spot (your own car) and things improve. There are still some things sturring, I will add if I get more. Please pray about this. Thanks for sharing.

Jesus Love Letters
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12