3 large black dogs/ We just tell the demons to leave.

Archives for 2008
inspiretofly
Bronze Member

3 large black dogs/ We just tell the demons to leave.

Post by inspiretofly »

I drept that I was at the elem school with everyone there (our schools start back today).
They were all waking up to get ready for class - but they were in their classes and dressed.
I went into a dark office for paperwork I think. It was the Principal's office. 3 black dogs are in there. Large - looked like a Great Dane, a Pit Bull, and a Doberman.
They wanted to stay right around me and tried to jump up and kiss/lick me. But I sensed that they were bad.
I remembered that the room spray made them go away.
I went and got room spray off of this dark wood dresser and started spraying their faces. The dogs were a smothering nuisance.
Then the Principal walks in the office and he said something very frank - He said "We just tell the demons to leave."
I woke up and could not sleep after this dream.

I'm not sure if this is related to just me or to our school or to children in school - is that just part of the dream?
Is this b/c our children just started back to school?
Our principal at the elem school is a standard-bearer for our school system.
But we know that he won't always be there.
talitha

Post by talitha »

I feel that this was set in the school partly because you are to learn something from it, and partly because of the character of the principal (principle?) of this school.

This comes to mind from scripture, particularly what I've bolded here: For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil. Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity..... (Hebrews 5:12-6:1)

The "principle" perhaps is in being a standard bearer and allowing the Lord through you to set the tone, rather than the multitudes of demons that hang out around the public schools - ack! (subsitute teacher here, I speak from experience)

I really think you had a very clear lesson in the principal's office concerning spiritual dealings, and it's part of moving beyond the elementary things. You have learned to "discern good and evil", and now you need to know how to deal with what you're discerning, is that true?

blessings
tal
inspiretofly
Bronze Member

Post by inspiretofly »

Possibly?
I was studying last night about craving pure spiritual milk - from a devotional book I have. Interesting that you noted other verses on milk and meat.
I wonder what the spray was - a quick deterrent that didn't remove them completely.

The setting the tone speaks to me b/c I shared quite a bit in a mtg yesterday on intercession and areas where our church can grow in character. But after the meeting it bothered me that I felt like bring up the need for intercession by more of the body and all other topics discussed were so much "lighter".

Something about discernment - I have learned that the more you grow in it - the more opportunity to grow in it/operate in it. This is not always exciting to me - it is like going to for lack of better words = a tighter battle. I hope that makes sense.
Once you learn it - you are responsible to use what you've learned - tools, knowledge, experience - and the opportunites will be there!

3 dogs - all black, all large - but 3 different breeds. I wonder if that is significant too?

Thank you Tal!!!