Looking for ex-husband.

Archives for 2010
forhim
Silver Member

Looking for ex-husband.

Post by forhim »

I walked out of a house that was next door to the house I grew up in (IRL I lived in that house briefly as an adult). I called out my ex-husband's name. I thought he was in the carport working on a car. When the man looked up it was not my ex-husband, Gary, but it was my high school boyfriend, John. John walked over to me, took my hand, and we walked toward the house. He then put his arm around my waist and I around his.

IRL my ex husband died shortly after this dream, probably about a week afterwards.
Gold
Diamond Member

Just a thought

Post by Gold »

The qualities that John has versus your ex. What do these two men represent in your life? When you think of them what thoughts come to mind.
Ecc 10:19... Money is the answer to everything.

Mk 11:24 I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer BELIEVE that you HAVE received it,and it will be yours.
PS 118:25 God, please send prosperity NOW
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

Interesting question. I will give that some thought.
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

When I think of my ex husband, Gary, I think of ego, vanity, pride, self. Although he was successful in business, had a nice home, beautiful wife I never saw joy. He hardly ever smiled. He always had a problem with his mother. His father was an alcoholic and he blamed his mother for that. Go figure! He did accept Christ about 10 years after we separated. He quit drinking and made some progress toward being a better father to our children. He and I made some peace although we never talked about the issues or his part in the destruction of our marriage. So I have sadness when I think of the choices he made and how much was stolen from us because of them.

John, on the other hand, I don't know very well. He was my high school sweetheart for two year. We (or should I say I) planned to marry. He was sweet, kind but very shy (so was I). I have seen him a few times in the past years but I don't know him very well. He has had some trials in the past years, some problems with children, loss of a family member, and mother's serious health problems. Other than that I don't know much about him. Someone told me "he is happy being miserable" He works a LOT.

So that is what I think when I think of these two men.

Any insight?
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

I really get the impression that you may be experiencing something I have experienced in my dreams. Sometimes in my dreams Jesus is there in the form of my ex-fiance. I believe he chooses sometimes to come as the first true love we experienced. Our "first love". It makes sense if you think about it.

It took me several of these types of dreams to figure out that I wasn't pining after a love from 22 yrs ago that I never even thought about in real life, but that the feelings I had for that person way back then were the first really deep feelings of love for someone that I had had in my life, which made it the equivalent to the "first love" that we read about in Revelation. I think Jesus (our future husband) wants us to have those close secure and comfortable love feelings for Him the way we did when they were new and fresh as we experienced them for our first human love.

I hope this helps! Bless you!
Mary
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

servant, thank you for your response. I have had these dreams about John for years but have been unable to understand why. It has been over 40 years since we were together.

However, you may have "hit the nail on the head". John was my first love and no one has measured up to that. There was a security and innocence that has not been duplicated although I had a deep, mature love with my 2nd husband who died 10 years ago.

My first dream of John began 2 years after my husband died. John and I have spent some time together over the past 8 years but if there is anything from the Lord there, it has not been revealed.

So Thank again, I will continue to seek HIM and a deeper relationship with HIM.