Back in the old house which needs fixing

Archives for 2010
peggyo
Diamond Member

Back in the old house which needs fixing

Post by peggyo »

Dreamers:

I had another strange dream about living in our old duplex in the slums of Minneapolis. Occasionally I dream that I am living back there.

I was looking over the house and noting damages that needed repairing and also interacting with the woman who lives up stairs. I don't seem concerned that I have found myself living back in this old house like I have in many of my previous dreams.

The woman upstairs is noting toys that have been left and asks what she should do with them. I told her we could do several things. One thought is to sell them out front to the inner city kids for just 5 cents a piece, basically giving them away as in charity.

I explain to her a bit about my parents, who own the house. I show her the old stove that I cooked on with the beautiful white finish that was from 1930s-40s. It was way pulled out from the wall where it usually sat and some of the knobs seemed not functional any more and needed repairing.

A brother of my best friend comes in named Tom. I notice Tom looks really skinny and I am really worried cause I've temporarily lost track of my baby. But Tom quickly finds him for me asleep on the front porch bedroom and gives him to me.

The lady living upstairs notes that there is a hole in the wall that goes from the stairway going up to her apartment and into my kitchen behind where the stove would sit. I can see the light through this hole. Then I look again and it is 3 huge holes and I ask the lady what happened. She said she had placed 3 caterpillars on the wall implying they had eaten their way through the wall. I told her that was a really bad thing cause there were support posts in the walls to hold the house up. I go into the living area and see 2 large posts going all the way up the center of this old house to provide extra support and remind myself that these are okay to hold the house and the house is not going to be damaged. I was thinking of getting Tom to patch the holes up.

I'm looking over the ceiling also, which has wood paneling that in the dream my father applied. I see the job isn't perfect and will take some work to get it looking nice. Specifically I see staples left in it with the material it was packaged in.

Dream ends.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
jackiebauerle
Platinum Member

Post by jackiebauerle »

As I read your dream the end stuck out to me, The caterpillar eating the walls reminded me of the worm eating the covering plant giving shade to Elijah.

Interesting that the hole were in the kitchen, a room for preparation of food (word).

conclusion of the damage was that the main support is sufficient...All will be ok.

May the Lord given you more insight and may he reveal his message in fullness.
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

Jackie:

This is what I got for you:

Visiting the old place is you dealing with the past. "...noting damages that needed repairing..." Now you see areas that need attention and you are willing to take time for them---it is worth the effort.

The people in your dream:

The lady showing you the house, bless her heart, she has her priorities mixed up. You take time to explain the history of the duplex---it seems like it is revealed to you what is important in the past and worth discussing and passing it on to others. This lady is very unaware of the real situation and wants to fix things with inappropriate materials. This may be showing you that you are living and dealing with people close to you on a daily basis that have a hard time grasping the truth and then applying the truth to their lives.

(Skinny) Tom: Sometimes you ask people to help you who are not as nourished in the Word as they need to be---probably because they are new in the faith. But Tom is eager to help locate your baby. The baby needs your attention. This may represent baby Christians.

What I am sensing is that the baby Christians and new Christians need more of your time than the older Christians who are not as mature in their faith as they need to be.

The building (believers) is in need of restoration, it will be somewhat difficult and time consuming, but well worth it. The new believers (like Tom) are anxious to help you. You have been given wisdom and insight---that is why you are able to see the beauty in the building even after the blotched patching of walls, etc.,

I believe the stove represents the power in this building...the Holy Spirit needs to be addressed since He has been neglected for awhile now.

Are you involved in something of a similiar situation in the church you are attending? I feel it relates to a church setting.

Please pray about this. I would be interested to know if this speaks to you.

Blessings,

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

TYVM Jackie and MJ for your input!

I've been thinking and praying about this dream for understanding for some time but it still baffles me.

As far as your interpretation and thoughts go MJ, I am not certain cause it couldn't apply to anything that I am specifically involved in at this time. It could mean that more teaching is on the horizon.

I do indeed have a large call to be a spiritual mother and received this call back in 1998. It is good to again clarify that I am called more to the spiritual young.

Have I lost track of my call to be a spiritual mother? I would say it is on my back burner still, but I haven't exactly lost track of it.

I wonder if the Lord is not going to use certain circumstances to help me "find" or refind direction or inspiration along the lines of this calling.

My best friend's brother Tom was very alcoholic, and not till later in life could he even accept that he was alcoholic and did have church contact at that point. He passed away this past year. He was actually a really sweet and kind man, just rather lost.

Appreciate the insights!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."