fire drill, lava tornado, seeing Jesus, & dying

Archives for 2010
ReBorn
Diamond Member

fire drill, lava tornado, seeing Jesus, & dying

Post by ReBorn »

daughters dream:

Her and her friends from the middle school were all inside a building (similar to a sanctuary- there was a stage and many rows of seats)

anyway, there was a fire drill. the kids all started running outside to get out of building. my daughter was the last one out.

she couldn't understand how everyone made it out before her. she asked them how they got out first and they said they used the elevator, but my daughter used the fire exit.

anyway, when she got outside, there was a girl who wanted her to film her with her camcorder- the girl seemed to be upset because she didn't have an umbrella.

my daughter then saw what looked like a tornado (mixed with red lava) coming directly at them. she told the girl "forget worrying about an umbrella, look at that!" and she pointed to the lava tornado.

the tornado came right up in front of my daughter's face and then slowly moved to the side.

she began praying for all the people in her school and was praying for all her friends (but she didn't pray for herself)

then, the tornado swept her up into the middle of it and shot her straight up into the air.

she went up and up and up and when she got the top of the tornado, she saw who she described as Jesus--He was shining brightly.

she said HE told her that because she prayed for others and not for herself that He would also spare her, but that she had to pick up her cross and follow HIM.

she agreed to do so and was then sent back down.

now she was back in her school.

when she walked in, she could hear the principal announcing to all the students how they had lost a student in the tornado (she was talking about the death of my daughter)

then they all saw my daughter back at the school and were amazed she had made it back alive! she began telling everyone how she felt about them and then told them goodbye because she knew she had to go back up to be with Jesus.

Jesus took her back up and asked her if there was anything she missed. my daughter began telling Him how she missed not being a mom, not getting to marry, not getting to retire in a retirement home!

then, i think her body died and she went to be with Jesus.

thanks for reading!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

i forgot to add something--she said she suffered a broken leg after the tornado incident
The Lord is my Shepherd
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

BUMP
The Lord is my Shepherd
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

How old is your daughter again?

in Christ,
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

she'll be fourteen in about 2 weeks
The Lord is my Shepherd
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi ReBorn:

This dream is like a near death experience in dream form. The end part seems to have 2 different endings--one where she is spared for being unselfish and another where she chooses to be with Jesus and forgo life.

I wonder if it is a picture of some inner struggle or thoughts she has between wanting to live out the Christian walk here on earth or going home to be with God?

Not sure I would take this dream literally, if you are concerned.

Love and prayers!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

thanks peggyo,

i didn't take it literally but of course i am her mom so it seems as though i'm always concerned. (she was crying when she told me the dream- she said it was emotional)

your insights help, i do believe there's a struggle within. I'll continue to pray for her.

thanks again peggyo!
The Lord is my Shepherd
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi again!

It's almost like a coming of age dream spiritually speaking. I am amazed at what understanding she has of how things really are at age 14. Wish I had had this kind of understanding at that age, but I did not.

Interesting also that both choices--to remain or to leave--involve loss--taking up her cross to follow God if she stays or a loss of the life experience she would have by leaving.

It is really a very touching dream!! Looks like you have done a really good job sharing the true gospel with her mom.

Peggy
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."