Jonathan Edwards

Archives for 2008
kimibrew

Jonathan Edwards

Post by kimibrew »

Hi Pals!

I dreamed that I was at a Holy Spirit empowered meeting. I lifted my hands to Him to receive, fell down under His glorious power and began to prophesy. I said, "Jonathan Edwards' Second Great Awakening". As this was happening, I was looking at myself on the ground.

IRL J.E. was involved in the First Great Awakening. There was a Second Great Awakening though.

Any thoughts??

kimibrew
talitha

Post by talitha »

WOW - I would read up on Jonathan Edwards and the role he played.....

blessings
tal
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

hmm..let us know what you find! I just heard Rodney Howard Brown state that the third Great Awakening is about to Hit...He said that President Bush was caught on camera saying the same thing...hmm...

He also gave a prophetic word that by 2009 we were going to begin to see whole cities in America coming to the Lord!! He said that in 2008 it was all going to begin but in 2009 we won't believe it!! .....

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
talitha

Post by talitha »

Interestingly (to me) I watched the Antiques Roadshow today, and a woman had brought a chair that once belonged to Jonathan Edwards. Somehow I don't think it was a coincidence.
givingthanks
Gold Member

Post by givingthanks »

Kimibrew.......John Edwards is running for President :?: :?:
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you..I Thes 5:18
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Jonathan Edwards preached one of the most powerful sermons in history entitled "Sinners in the hands of an angry God". It was said that during his preaching people were wailing and holding on to their pews to repent and from fear of falling into hell. This was a historic and great move of God. We need this awakening, Come Lord Jesus!

Bb
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Jonathon Edwards Wikipedia LINK

Let Revival come Lord Jesus!

in Christ,
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

lol..thats right..Jon Edwards is running for president...lol..isn't this his second time too??

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

I found out some really desireable things of Jon. Edwards (the revivalist ha ha)

He was love-struck by God. He spent many, many hours sitting in the grass gazing up at the moon by night or clouds by day while singing softly to the Creator Redeemer.

He got kicked out of the 'church' because he believed the church should be able to profess her faith and not just anyone should be allowed full membership. I guess his G.Dad allowed a very liberal mentality to enter the church and he wanted to restore a distinction of God's people who were actually saved from the lost who just liked to come but not repent of their sins.

His theology linked the Creator with His Creation and his concept of God was of absolute beauty, not just absolute power.

He also believed in the intuitive process (should make lots of people happy here :D ); a person must surrender to the revelation of grace through their senses and not just through a natural process (I think he was referring to exalted intellects?).

I think the Lord is talking about (J.E.'s Second Great Awakening) awakening the things that made J.E. distinct. There have been many great outpourings (hooray), but maybe the Lord is planning to do something with these particular attributes right now.

Anyways, Come Lord Jesus!

kimibrew