Stars in the sky formed a door that opened up

Archives for 2008
khiradevon

Stars in the sky formed a door that opened up

Post by khiradevon »

I had a dream that some kind of nationality (Mexicans I think) lived here at my apartment complex before it was built. Then the builders came and destroyed the habitat and took everything from the original inhabitants. My in-laws (mil, fil, and sisters in law) along with a family friend were listening to their story and starting to have compassion on them. We told them how unfair it was for them to be treated that way and offered to protect them. Day turned into night and all of a sudden, all of the stars in the sky formed a huge door. As soon as I looked up, I was amazed and saw that it began to open up. The moon and the sun were connected to each other and were the brightest of white in color and transparent with rainbow colors forming around and through it. Then rays of light began to rain on the sky as if judgment were being poured over the earth. Everyone started running for cover. I ended up being hit with one of the rays but wasn't destroyed. I could physically feel the pain but it didn't damage me at all. We ran to my house with the ones we were protecting and headed for an attic to seek refuge. Somehow, despite the fact that the door was locked, the lady comes in angrily and starts arguing b/c we didn't ask if anyone else wanted to come. I tried to explain to her that we could only help a few people and then she became irate. I pushed her out of the house while the others went into the attic and followed behind them. We took food that was secretly hidden and went into the attic that turned into stairs. My mil encouraged us to keep moving upward so that we wouldn't get attacked. At each high level, there was a window were our enemies could see us. We continued to move forward up the stairs until we found a safe place. My mil and I knew that staying together was going to be important for everyone's safety and told everyone what we thought. We all began hiding in this house but no matter where we hid, our enemies saw us. My fil then said that he wasn't going to be afraid anymore and started to go downstairs and play worship songs. My husband and his best friend followed him and began to play. While they were playing, we realized that although our enemies could see us, they weren't allowed into the house and all they could do was watch. We then proceeded to start worshipping God with them and knew we were safe. Although we could have went higher into the house (we're we were like a basement compared to the rest of the house), where we were safe.
jewel

Post by jewel »

I had a dream that some kind of nationality (Mexicans I think) lived here at my apartment complex before it was built. Then the builders came and destroyed the habitat and took everything from the original inhabitants.
I'm under the impression that this is pointing to a specific type of situation you have either endured yourselves in the past or something that will come in the future. Someone taking what was rightfully yours (I'm hearing this is a generational thing, but don't have specifics on what area)
I ended up being hit with one of the rays but wasn't destroyed. I could physically feel the pain but it didn't damage me at all.

This is what points me to believe that you are directly involved in this painful turn of events on some level.... your hurt but not damaged.
We ran to my house with the ones we were protecting and headed for an attic to seek refuge. Somehow, despite the fact that the door was locked, the lady comes in angrily and starts arguing b/c we didn't ask if anyone else wanted to come. I tried to explain to her that we could only help a few people and then she became irate. I pushed her out of the house while the others went into the attic and followed behind them.

This I believe is the type of attack your contending with; guilt coming from the words or judgments of others for not being able to help everyone. You would if you could, but it is best in your mind to help those that you can completely even if that means some are not helped.
We took food that was secretly hidden and went into the attic that turned into stairs. My mil encouraged us to keep moving upward so that we wouldn't get attacked. At each high level, there was a window were our enemies could see us. We continued to move forward up the stairs until we found a safe place. My mil and I knew that staying together was going to be important for everyone's safety and told everyone what we thought. We all began hiding in this house but no matter where we hid, our enemies saw us.
I feel that this is a picture of you pressing in to the Holy Spirit as your refuge, your secret place to gain nourishment and security. Yet you notice that the enemies are still able to see you. You continue to go higher and get closer to the heart of God in order to be hidden, but find that the enemy is still pressing in around you.
My fil then said that he wasn't going to be afraid anymore and started to go downstairs and play worship songs. My husband and his best friend followed him and began to play. While they were playing, we realized that although our enemies could see us, they weren't allowed into the house and all they could do was watch. We then proceeded to start worshipping God with them and knew we were safe.

I believe this is a key in how you'll be able to find the security your searching for in the midst of this situation. WORSHIP and being grateful for the place you've been given. As you worship and refuse to focus on the enemy standing outside you realize that the enemy can't come in, can't hurt you they can only see you and that isn't dangerous at all.
Although we could have went higher into the house (we're we were like a basement compared to the rest of the house), where we were safe.
This is symbolic of where you stand, you can go higher if you want to but that is not a requirement to remaining safe.

In general, I believe your dream is pointing out a very common misconception of belivers as they begin to work towards greater intimacy with God... that misconception is that somehow if we get high enough or close enough to God that all of our troubles will be far from us and unable to see nor torment us anymore. However, the truth is that intimacy with God only changes our perspectives about the situations we face. We are changed from the inside, because even though the enemy is still watching us and taunting us, we are not afraid because we realize that we are safe in the house of our great and mighty God.

If your spirit doesn't bear witness, then feel free to discard.

GBU!!
jewel
khiradevon

Post by khiradevon »

Wow, that is truely great insight on this dream. I orginally thought it symbolized my husband's family b/c alot of people come to our homes to find refuge. It's really an honorable anointing God has placed on us to be a safe-haven for me. We will take in and love on anybody. Because we are involved in so many lives, we often take the hardest hits b/c we refuse to see anyone become prey to satan.

For the past few months, my husband and I have endured some tremendous losses (financial, all of our children, been lied on...etc) and have been attacked in more ways than I can count on one hand. We've definetely as a family have been seeking God for refuge, so this truely bears witness to that. I will be seeking God about each part of this dream and ask him to reveal more about it.

Thank you for the interpretation and may God richly bless you.

Khira
talitha

Post by talitha »

Yeah! God surely is our refuge!!

I really like this dream, actually, and especially this part:
Then rays of light began to rain on the sky as if judgment were being poured over the earth. Everyone started running for cover. I ended up being hit with one of the rays but wasn't destroyed. I could physically feel the pain but it didn't damage me at all.
This brings to mind some scriptures:

This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. (John 3:19)

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

When judgment comes, it not only divides those who love the Light from those from those who love the darkness, but it divides the parts of me that love the light from the parts that love the darkness..... :cry: and when His judgment comes, it might be painful (particularly the shock of discovery of darkness inside us), but it will not damage us - because the center of our being is safe in Him......

blessings
tal
khiradevon

Post by khiradevon »

It's amazing how much revelation is coming through this dream. That was my original thought and you only confirmed what I suspected.

I couldn't stop thinking about this:
Day turned into night and all of a sudden, all of the stars in the sky formed a huge door. As soon as I looked up, I was amazed and saw that it began to open up.
This part reminded me of the scripture in Revelation 3:20:

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

I hope that I always open the door for Jesus to come in and change me from the inside out.

Khira