A friend wanting me to phorphesy against churches.

Archives for 2010
steadyone
Diamond Member

A friend wanting me to phorphesy against churches.

Post by steadyone »

Hi and blessings.

I am honestly amazed at this dream. I love another persons perspective and confirmation.

Dream.

I was ministering with my friend Pam. Pam wanted me to go to this church and prophesy against the pastor and speak certain things she told me. I was like I can not do that I can only prophesy purpose and destiny over their lives not death or wickedness. I can only speak what the Lord speaks. Pam would tell me what to say and I would say no! She was okay with the fact I would not speak such things against these pastors..

Now in real life Pam is the opposite of what she was in my dream. Pam is the most loving kind hearted lay your life down for the church kind of person. I find this dream interesting. Hummm.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

Since Pam doesn't seem to represent your real friend in the dream, it seems that she could be being used as a symbol in the dream. The name Pam is short for Pamela which means honey or all sweetness. So to me to me this dream is pointing to there will be someone who seems innocent or sweet talking to you critically or talking about passing judgment on the church and pastor. As your dream indicates you seem to know that is not the correct way to minister and we need to only be open to the Lord's voice and we need to reject any voices from man or from the enemy no matter how sweet it might seem at the time. Now I will interject this statement in that there is a proper time when we do need to bring the messages of judgments if they are from the Lord or say something from the Lord that will bring correction.... however those times should be few and far between and they must be handled very delicately and very properly and above all they must come from the Lord not from man. The vast majority of the time the purpose of prophecy is to as it says in 1 Corinthians 14:3 But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.

(refs 1 Corinthians 13:2, 1 Corinthians 14:1-4, 1 Corthians 14:22-25, 2 Peter 1:19-21)

in Christ,
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I think BJ gave a great interp!

Reminds me of the story of Balaam, too (could not curse Israel even though a powerful person really, really wanted him to).
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5