Blue light traffic -dream within dream

Archives for 2010
Charys
Diamond Member

Blue light traffic -dream within dream

Post by Charys »

Dream: I looked out my window at night which overlooked a city which had hills. I saw the streets of this city were jammed with traffic. Everyone seemed to be heading for a destination on the other side of the valley, but instead of seeing the usual red and white lights on vehicles all the lights were a beautiful intense glowing lapis lazuli blue. I was so excited because I knew something wonderful was finally happening and I couldn't wait until morning when I would be allowed to get up and dressed and join them. I woke up from that dream, but I was still dreaming. I looked out the window again, but everything was still wintery cold and grey like usual. I still felt excited about what I had seen previously because I knew that view was also real. I wondered if it was a promise of something yet to come, or if it was happening already in some different time/space.

When I woke up for real I heard someone singing a song based Psalm 1.
Night and day,
Day and night,
he meditates on all that's right,
and he desires nothing more,
but his delight is in the law of the Lord.

I have been waking up hearing this song every morning and several times during the night since Dec. 4. -eight nights now.
...that I might know Him...
spiritledd
Diamond Member

very awesome

Post by spiritledd »

Very awesome dream... very encouraging! We are experiencing much more than what can be seen in the natural. It's an exponential outporing... so it harder to discern. But towards the end it's gonna really explode! Praise Jesus!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Yup, very neat dream! For dreams within dreams, most often intrepret inner to outer... For a city on a hill, see Daniel 9:16 "Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our ancestors have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us." Many cars of course representing many of God's people. Blue is the color of Communion and Revelation which is coming to all these people. Waiting until morning and getting dressed, preparing for a near upcoming future event. ... Outer dream window vision, is currently cold and grey we are in the winter season right now both physically and also spiritually, but what was in the inner vision is coming soon. Eight nights (new beginnings) of the new Song/Psalm being sang which comes from Psalm 1:2, it has been said elsewhere that this revival will beging with the Isa 35 highway to holiness and the basis of holiness is following God's Laws like shown in Psalm 1. Sounds like a neat song, maybe you should work on putting music to the song you heard. (ref Psalm 40:3, Ephesians 5:19, and Colossians 3:16) So to me basically this dream is showing a beginning of the future coming prophetic revival.

in Christ,
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Charys,

Last night at the end of epic dreaming, the only thing I saw in visual that remains clear.

FIRM I 54

I believe this is conFIRMation of your dream...

First..

The word firm means a few things..

1. not soft or yielding to a touch or pressure; rigid; solid
2. securely in position; stable or stationary
3. definitely established; decided; settled
4. enduring or steady; constant
5. having determination or strength; resolute

It took me a while to figure out the I 54, but when I read Isaiah 54 it became clear.

I do believe this means the entire chapter.

Isaiah 54:11

“Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
your foundations with lapis lazuli.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thank you, Spiritledd and BJ and Piano. You have been very helpful. Pondering...law, holiness, crossing the valley, moving up, light on a hill. What's the connection?

Trying to work this out. Jump in any time. Please. The more pieces to the puzzle, the better.

BJ, following up on your ref. on Daniel's city on a hill led me back to Matt. 5.
14You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

15Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house.

16Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.

17Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them.

18For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished.

Here the light on the hill is linked to moral excellence that points to God -like the highway of holiness in Isaiah 35. In the dream the vehicles were all heading up the roads to the hill. The song was about delighting in the law. It's all classed together here. What's the connection?

Then I noticed that Psalm 1 (the song I heard) begins the same way as the beatitudes which are just before these verses in Matthew 5. Verse 3: "How blessed, how happy is the man..." in Psalm 1 and "Blessed (happy, to be envied and spiritually prosperous -with life-joy and satisfaction in God's vafour and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) are the poor in spirit...

Something Myles Munro said in the video link Keilani posted in sharing has made me think. He said when God speaks, it is law. I always associated the law with rules, but he said the law is also the promises. God is bound to keep his word because he cannot lie, and he cannot go back on his word because it is law.

The song I heard has already been written by Marty Goetz. I found a link so you could listen, but it's on a page where people go on to discuss the need to follow the rules and then it becomes a picky discussion over the evils of celebrating some holidays and not celebrating others. I'm thinking *sigh* this is where discussions on the law always end up going in spite of the warning in Col.2:16. Why? Is it because of the way we define "law"?

I'm a former guilt-ridden works-oriented person who finally found tremendous freedom in Galatians 3 about being sanctified by faith and not by observance of rituals --and really not wanting to be encumbered by the yoke of bondage again, but I have still been having trouble understanding what Jesus meant by "until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished."

Today it strikes me that that the phrase "until all things are accomplished" is what Jesus did when he said "It is finished/accomplished" on the cross. For what the law could not do Jesus did. By being perfect love he fulfilled all the requirements of the law.

So do the rules still apply? The next part of Matthew 5 says the rules don't go nearly far enough. The living law is now written on our hearts and the living law is about relationship with God through Christ Jesus. Listening to God's heart means going beyond what the rules require and becoming God's love and all the other fruit of the Spirit. In practise it means not merely tolerating the "good" Muslims. It means being willing to lay down your life for Muslim terrorists. It means going way beyond the minimum requirement.

And lately the Lord keeps bringing up "fire on the mountain" to me. What's with that? I wonder if it's about Deuteronomy 5? When the people of Israel saw the Glory of the Lord as fire and smoke and a light and sound show on the mountain they said they would rather relate to written rules than a scary God. In Jesus we again have restored relationship. But following Jesus moment to moment means that we need to participate in a living relationship and believe we can actually hear him. For people who believe that God speaks only through the written word of the Bible and through the principles set by the example of Jesus when he was on earth, (often without any of the supernatural power Jesus had) trying to follow Jesus is can be scary, because we have only ancient guide posts, which, while they entirely true and sufficient for leading us to salvation, do not give us exact insight about how to handle daily modern situations. And sometimes we just don't get what he is doing. To let go of rules without a solid interactive relationship with God is just too scary. It feels like being exposed in a huge open country with landmarks that can be too far apart at times.

So we start making our own landmarks.

There are people in my life whom I love and who are on the autism spectrum. They have a difficulty (to varying degrees) in understanding nonverbal communication or understanding how to act in social situations. They learn to function by memorizing rules for behaviour. Their best relationships are with books. If we do not believe the prophetic is for today, or that we can hear God's voice for ourselves, we are forced to learn to function based solely on written instructions and from what we have learned from stories and parables (as great as they are). It's like learning how to be in love through romance novels instead of holding hands and gazing into the eyes of a real person. Without an active intimate relationship with God we are spiritual autistics.

When we chose spiritual autism we create narrowly structured environments full of routine and rituals for ourselves. We spend a lot of our time trying to figure out what we think God's rules of engagement are -and find excuses for avoiding actually spending time with him. We are easily overwhelmed by anxiety caused by uncertainty and fear of misinterpretation. (hmmm. Now I'm wondering if there is a spiritual basis for the increase in autism diagnoses? -the perils of being a divergent thinker.)

Anyway, back to the dream and the song. Any further insight?

Feeling like I'm starting to pick up your voice, Lord, but I still miss so much. I want to delight in the law of the Lord, and meditate on You, Lord Jesus Christ, for You are the Word -and the Word is the law.

hmmmmm ... Jesus' mother, Mary, both pondered and presented herself. Pondering might be the easy part.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Piano -I just read Isaiah 54- the part you pointed out and further.

11 “Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise,[a]
your foundations with lapis lazuli.
12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.
13 All your children will be taught by the LORD,
and great will be their peace.
14 In righteousness you will be established:
Tyranny will be far from you;
you will have nothing to fear.
Terror will be far removed;
it will not come near you.

I don't know why I wrote blue like lapis lazuli. I just pictured the blue in a barrette I wore when my hair was long and a Christian jeweler told me it was the colour of lapis lazuli. I could have said pure blue or primary blue or even Copenhagen blue. Interesting that these verses talk about lapis lazuli.

Verse 13 means so much to me. I am really fighting fear around my children and grandchildren's well-being. At the moment it is cold grey winter for them all with health and financial problems. I'm grabbing this promise and meditating on it and running with it. Bless you!
jackiebauerle
Platinum Member

Post by jackiebauerle »

I agree with you. I too have been having a feeling of expectation. One night, I had an experience that was accompanied by these words:

It is coming!

I do not know what it is, but it feels exciting!
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Woken up at 5 a.m. by the song again.

He delights in the law of the Lord
He delights in the law of the Lord

There is more...
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

I heard these words upon awakening once. "The wait will be worth it". I don't know exactly what I am waiting on but if it is from HIM, it will be awesome!!!
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

I'm wowed by what God revealed to BJ.

I just now got done reading Psalm 1
after seeing your other dream in which you awakened with hearing that song.

The setting is awesome (The Cit on a Hill). . .it just speaks to me of the end times. Esp since when you awakened, you looked out the window & it is winter. Speaking of the seasons.

from the Psalm:
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law, he meditates day & night.

You should have probably posted your other dream onto this thread. . .In that one the Lord is speaking to you along this same line. About the Laws

You are very blessed that the Lord is giving you this. He is soo good to us.
Jesus is the Saviour
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Dear Charys!
Awesome dream!
It's a dream within a dream.

It seems like a promise of God.When you wake up,you see it's still the grey reality,but you know God's promise is true.

If it's not what the Lord tells you please toss it.

God bless you. :)
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

What a beautiful dream. Praise Jehovah! Charys your discussion was so excellent, deep insight especially when you spoke about spiritual autistics. Help me to meditate on your law day and night, Lord.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thank you all for bringing your puzzle pieces!

Shine, I'm taking your advice and posting the other dream here. There is a connection I'm not getting yet and could use some help. Here it is:

Dream: I was laying a dead child's body parts in a line down the center of a dirt road. They were white and waxy like they had been carved from wax or soap or fat (like Crisco or even white chocolate -shocking, but not disgusting) or something, or maybe preserved for so long they had turned into something else. I covered them with my old white comforter to hide them and walked on. I realized that old worn comforter, although once white, was now covered with stains and had my DNA all over it. [This is gross, but perhaps pertinent. I used to have bad fibroid problems and this quilt was covered with blood stains. I eventually had to throw it out.] It would be easy to trace it to me, but I didn't care, because I was ready to be found out and punished for this horrible, horrible crime.

Woken up by the line of a song from Ps. 1 again.
He delights in the law of the Lord...He delights in the law of the Lord...

Someone suggested it might be covering up an abortion, but no, that's not the case.

Wondering about hope, because babies represent hope and potential to me, and the body parts, like the potential in the body of believers being split up...... I dunno.

oooh ooh!...Just as I write this, it is coming to me! Last month I wrote a letter to the editor of our denominational magazine on an article about the struggle some congregations are having, with their dwindling, aging membership, maintaining the old landmark church buildings in their cities. Someone wrote a letter saying they ought not to give up, but turn to the corporate world for ideas on how to maintain the organization to raise enough money to fund the edifices' upkeep. I had a moment of righteous indignation and fired off a letter that it is high time we quit looking to the business world as our example, and look to Jesus Christ. We need to lay everything down and cry out for God's mercy.

I promised myself I wasn't going to shoot off my mouth in this magazine anymore, because it has become so ridiculously liberal, to the point of publishing articles by seminary profs that say Jesus is not the only way, that I have just written it off. But I did shoot my mouth off again and used my real name and location so it can be easily traced back to me. Im told about 50% of the leadership denies the authority of the Bible now. I am filled with shame over what has happened in the denom. and I don't care who knows anymore. There was a time when it led the western world in missions work, and sound doctrine and stood as an example of moral uprightness -but not anymore. It is definitely a case of the loss of hope and vision to me.

Click.

Lord, I repent on behalf of my people. We have misused your grace. We have ignored and denied your Word. We have not taken delight in your law. Oh God, have mercy!

So why am I still there? The Lord has shown me that this institution has been so undermined by compromise it is going to come crashing down, but there are people in my local fellowship who are a remnant, who still cling to the Word of God. We are starting to see a yearning for more of Jesus. That's why.

This morning (Monday) I didn't wake up to Psalm 1 for a change, but rather I heard the old song "How Great Thou Art".
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

I listened to "How Great thou Art" in Hungarian yesterday. :)
Hallelujah!
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Charys,

I just read C. Spurgeon Evening Meditation for Dec. 15...

Psalm 54:11

This really blessed me, but not sure if I can post it here.

Ill save it and post later if I have permission.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.