Buying Crack... dream w/in a dream

Archives for 2010
wholeheart
Gold Member

Buying Crack... dream w/in a dream

Post by wholeheart »

Ok, I'm finally ready to tell y'all about this dream... I have been afraid to know it's meaning! Anyway, I had this dream last spring.

I'm looking at a crack pipe in a man's hand. He is telling me it is enough for one night. I know that if I use this drug, I will be addicted and there will be no turning back.

Suddenly, I awaken in my own bed. I'm shaken and afraid hoping that irl I haven't bought the crack and that I was only dreaming. I look around my room and see the crack pipe! Instantly I hear my husband coming down the hall towards our bedroom.

I have a decision to make. Get rid of the stuff or hide it. I choose to hide it in a small box and put it on my bookshelf next to the bed before he sees it.

I awaken for real this time.

What in the world can this mean? I am not practicing sin of any kind that I know of. I'm not living in deceit. I'm not about to do something stupid/sinful.

Is there anyway this is just a dream about fear? Can I trash this dream? Please help!

Wholeheart
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Wholeheart...what struck me was the old man told you there was enough to get you through the night...the night can speak of a dark time of the soul...crack can symbolise any type of addiction or thing you depend on in your dark times of which you are ashamed...you know how we can talk about being addicted to things in such a casual way...

I would say that this dream had a warning element- that you may in moments of fear anxiety and distress turn to things which will not be helpful in order to get you through.... just a thought...

No need to fear under the shadow of His wing...

grace
Charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
wholeheart
Gold Member

Post by wholeheart »

Charlie,

I hadn't thought of the "enough for one night" being rep of darkness or a dark time. Thanks! Good insight.

I am fully aware of implications/warnings of the dream, but I have no idea what the "crack" could be. Also, is this something I'm doing now? In the dream I'm hiding it from my husband, which could rep my real husband, God or both. I'm not hiding anything. My life is an open book.

What is the "crack"?!

This dream came at a time when I was experiencing great peace and intimacy with the Lord. Because it caused fear and worry (what am I doing wrong? Etc) I decided to shelve the dream.

I am on the alert, however.

Any other insight would be greatly appreciated!

Blessings,

Wholeheart