I was told not to linger...

Archives for 2010
labourer4Him
Gold Member

I was told not to linger...

Post by labourer4Him »

Hi folks. This dream seems straightforward, but there are some elements I'm seeking confirmation on. Thanks for reading!
Dream:
I was in a church hall and it was early, the place was still filling up. I sat in an isle seat a couple of rows (I think the fifth) from the front. Even though the place wasn’t full yet, or the service hadn’t started, the preacher (an African looking guy) was at the front: Before he started preaching he pointed at me, walked up to me and said he wanted to pray over me. He prayed right then and there and mentioned pretty much the exact circumstances I’m in right now and then as he continued talking he mentioned that he was prophesying now. He said: “Linger not. For you’ve been sent to preach to nations and speak freedom to captives. You will be speaking freedom into people’s lives. He continued on, I can’t remember all exactly, but he said that something is trying to stop me, but that it’s up to me to choose to step into...? He said so much more and continued into preaching but I didn’t hear it all or can’t remember it all. I wanted to go up and talk to him afterwards to see if he knew if I had to stay here (where I live now) or if I was allowed to go. I then realized I wouldn’t really be able to mention all that’s been going on in my church because I thought it wouldn't be good to talk negatively about my church. However I really wanted to know if he had a word about if/where I am to go or if God wants me to stay here. Not sure if I ended up talking to him, just that I had the desire to find out the answer to my question.
Next scene: I saw a lady in a group of people. She was talking to someone and she showed that person her belly (by lifting up her shirt a little). She was pregnant: on the lower part of her belly were 3 (what looked like) developing breasts. Above that was her growing tummy. She appeared to either not know about the things growing on her lower tummy or thought it was quite normal, either way she wasn’t embarrassed about showing her belly to the other person. I kept looking at her thinking how odd it was to grow these things on her belly as part of a pregnancy. Even after she’d shown her belly and her shirt was covering her again, I could still see through the material (it looked like a black fine material see-through-shirt): I could see the foetus above the developing feeding parts (as that's what they looked like). No-one else appeared to notice or find anything strange for that matter. Somehow I was comparing her to myself and my pregnancy and if I’d be growing these things?
Next scene: It was time to go visit some of my friends for Christmas(IRL they’ve invited us to a little work-pre-Christmas party). It was somewhere in a living room. The moment my husband and I walked in, their oldest son is excited to see us and calls out from his seat (whilst we’re only just coming through the door) that he knows where my presents are and what’s in them :) He asks if I want to know and is very keen to tell me, but his parents stop him, making an endearing comment to him that he shouldn’t be telling us just yet, but that’s something that kids do...
During the party I also wondered about the other party that’s being held in the same street and if I should drop in. (irl:we’ve received a double invitation for that night..).
zeal
Gold Member

Post by zeal »

Laborer,
First of all awesome dream, your dream actually speaks to you in a formula, meaning if you follow what the first dream says to do the second will occur, and after the second if obedient the 3rd will occur, thus is this
1st scene: Every assignment has a season, You are now in a season in your life, God is telling you dont linger to long and let go of the things that have occured in that season and leave it. In the prophecy He said " that something is trying to stop me", but that it’s up to me to choose to step into. Sometimes we want to stay in one season because we get comfortable and God is trying to move us somewhere else, just like the natural seasons, it cant snow in the summer so that season has to end in order for the summer to come. some things you have to let go of to get to the next season.
2nd scene: The woman in this dream seems to represent ministry, this ministry that is about to be birthed will feed not just this child but several different ministries as well ( thus the three breasts) the milk of the word. as this ministry is still in the birthing stage there are other things that are already being set in place and is growing as the child grows....
3rd scene: Christmas time, a time of Celebration: His oldest son calls out from HIS seat that he knows where MY presents are and whats in them( I think the SON is JESUS) Jesus is the first born, and the presents are your spiritual gifts. and that He knows what you are capable of. but His parents stop him because he shouldnt be telling us just yet..."Its not time" I believe that Jesus is so excited about this whole thing that He is eager to let you know but its just not time, number one and number two have to happen first....I hope this makes sense this dream really excites me for you.....I Hope this ministers to you, I would like to know how this ends up for you...\

Much Love
Zeal
labourer4Him
Gold Member

Post by labourer4Him »

Thanks Zeal,
You brought up some additional interesting insights. No time for a full reply now, but will ponder on what you said. Thanks..
labourer4Him
Gold Member

Post by labourer4Him »

Hi again..
Every assignment has a season, You are now in a season in your life, God is telling you dont linger to long and let go of the things that have occured in that season and leave it.
I think you're right there. It seems that in this last year, for every step forward in getting closer to Him, I've had 'stuff' thrown at me.. A lot of that stuff really has it's roots in my past that somehow now needs getting out. I can totally see that I shouldn't linger in that too long as it has the potential to pull me down, however I've also noticed it's been a major growing time (still is) in leaning on Him at all times as He's been noticably carrying me and helping me through these times. My husb.dream from a while back about 'what's to liquify' seems to be playing out right now.
Another meaning of 'not to linger' for me is the question I was wanting to ask the preacher guy in the dream about literally leaving this place..which is a very real question at this point in time..a question I've been asking God and am still ambiguous about.. Am not sure if I'm missing something in what He's saying to me, or if it's wishful thinking getting in the way.
The prospect of the second and third scene are encouraging indeed. Them being a result of being obedient really resonates with me. It not being 'the time' to know seems to have been a theme in some of my dreams but again make me lean/trust on Him more. God is good. He knows.
Thanks again Zeal, I did get a lot out of your reply, am welcoming more thoughts if/when they come. God bless you!
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

Dear Labourer:

I felt the developing breasts indicated an abundance of supply, also, the supply being unusual in how it comes about but still what you need for the time/season.

Like Zeal, I saw your dream in segments or time periods with corresponding events.

The holiday party makes me wonder if the time of celebration is a time of victory for you and your family. "From the mouths of babes..." (the young boy wants to tell you about your presents). Truth will be revealed and you will find comfort and rest during this portion of your future.

Hope this is helpful, blessings upon you,

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ
labourer4Him
Gold Member

Post by labourer4Him »

Thanks so much MJ,
your reply was an additional blessing. 3breasts is an unusual supply indeed..:) can't wait for that to happen..but, first things first. Thanks, God bless you!