Living room

Archives for 2010
Sept14003
Gold Member

Living room

Post by Sept14003 »

These are 3 separate dreams I had this week and the common thread is the living room. In each dream I had a really positive feeling. Nothing negative at all. IRl I do not have a roommate. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1st - I am in my current hallway where the hallway meets the living room. I am sitting on a toilet urinating. I am talking with my girl roommate who is sitting on the loveseat across from where I was. I finish urinating and that is when I notice Jack Nicholson laying on the couch to my left. He is watching a movie with my roommate. It is 3am. They were very peaceful and cozy. Very calming. I thank them for not leaving but allowing me to urinate.

2nd - I am in my current living room chatting with a girl. It is morning. I tell her that my friend Bruce is on his way over to my house. I tell her that I had taken Bruce’s pictures down. That Bruce used to be my standard for many years but not any longer.

3rd - I am in my current bedroom. I am tired and want to go to sleep. I walk out into my living room and see my friend Nick sitting on the couch. His friend Dave is sitting on the loveseat with a blanket over him like he was sleeping. My sister was in the kitchen cleaning up. It was Thanksgiving evening and we had already eaten. I was surprised that Nick and Dave were still there. It was very late at night.

I walk over to Nick and ask if everything is ok. He said no he is mad at me although his demeanor was more like vulnerability not anger. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it. He had tears in his eyes and said he can’t. Reminded me of a child when they have done something wrong and are coming clean about it. I told him it was ok, like he could talk to me. He almost seemed childlike. I said would you like to go to my bedroom and talk and he said yes.

We are now in my current bedroom but it was also the bedroom from another place I lived years ago. Nick flops down on the bed, face first, all spread out. It was like he could finally relax. The bed was up against the large window so that the window became somewhat of a headboard. Not like that IRL though. That seem to stand out.

September
Sept14003
Gold Member

Post by Sept14003 »

Wanted to bring this back up and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Blessings,

September
[/i]
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

*Moved your post to dreams and visions*

Living room--something in your life (home) being put out in the open or made known possibly.

Bedroom--i normally associate as a place of intimacy or representing that which is personal to us. The kind of thing we wouldn't just share with anyone.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Sept14003
Gold Member

Post by Sept14003 »

Not sure I understand what you mean here -

Living room--something in your life (home) being put out in the open or made known possibly

I appreciate any insight you may have. Don't understand what you mean by being put out in the open . . .

Blessings,

September
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

oh, to clarify, it was something i read when I first started learning about dream symbols. The different places in the home would have different meanings just as you would keep private things in the bedroom, the living room would be a place that was more open or visible to others. So in other words, I take it as something in my life that I have shared or don't mind sharing with others openly. Hope that makes more sense:)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi Sept:

I generally find living rooms to mean revelation--making known to me something I was not already consciously aware of.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi Sept:

Dream #1: Urinating is about releasing things that need to be released. In this case, you are in the living room. Possibly God has given you or is giving you a revelation regarding expressing your true feelings, maybe not all positive, in a public place?

I think Jack Nicholson is known for being very upfront with what he thinks. What does Jack Nicholson mean to you? His name by the way is along the lines of Jacob--he is the usurper and Nicholson means along the lines of son of victory.

Even though the toilet is in the living room, I don't see that as inappropriate, like it would be in real life, but just a revelation showing that you are growing in the area of sharing publicly what may be bothering you and needing to get it out.

Your other dreams in a way seem somewhat similar in meaning, the 2nd one being a little different.

What does your friend Bruce mean to you?

Do you hold him in high esteem? Has he disappointed you in some way?

I remember once taking a picture down off the wall of my older son at a time when I needed to let go of him, even in an idolatrous sense, cause I think parents can really struggle there.

Dream #3 seems again a picture of gained relief in expression, openness and the ability to be yourself. Looks like you have gained some freedom to be thankful about.

Wonder if somehow the removal of false idolatry has anything to do with the new freedom in your life to finally be yourself, no longer striving to be like someone else maybe?

Believing the bed and headboard/window a picture of the revelation of peace that you are finding in letting go.

Thanks for sharing.
Cool revelations!

Love and blessings...Peggy O.
Sept14003
Gold Member

Post by Sept14003 »

Peggyo,

You have given me some things to think about
!

Dream #1: Urinating is about releasing things that need to be released. In this case, you are in the living room. Possibly God has given you or is giving you a revelation regarding expressing your true feelings, maybe not all positive, in a public place? Yes God has done that very recently.

I think Jack Nicholson is known for being very upfront with what he thinks. What does Jack Nicholson mean to you? His name by the way is along the lines of Jacob--he is the usurper and Nicholson means along the lines of son of victory. When I awoke from this dream I immediately thought about the movie "Somethings gotta Give" with Jack Nicholson & Diane Keaton. And how Jack's character finally is willing to be in a commited relationship at the end of the movie.

What does your friend Bruce mean to you? He meant a lot at one time.

Do you hold him in high esteem? Has he disappointed you in some way? Bruce has not disappointed me but someone else recently has. I was not sure why Bruce would be on his way over to my house now if I had taken his pictures down..

Dream #3 seems again a picture of gained relief in expression, openness and the ability to be yourself. Looks like you have gained some freedom to be thankful about. Not sure I am understanding this part. Are you saying that Nick and his friend are representing a part of me?

In the 1st & 3rd dreams Jack & Nick were on the couch but in each dream there was someone on the loveseat as well. I know that is important but am not able to understand what that represents.

Thank you for taking the time to look over my dream and respond. It has given me more insight!

Blessings,

September
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi September!

The scene of removing the picture may be like an old saying I know... that if we love something, let it go (the idolatry part) and if it was meant to be yours, it will come back to you.

The part you are uncertain about, I am trying to say that Nick and Dave are just a representing a revelation towards the meaning of the dream. Nick means victorious, Dave meaning beloved.

I'm uncertain exactly what the loveseat means, but possibly it is speaking to a love issue.

JN reminding you of that particular movie may be a clue to his presence in your LR. Is there a commitment issue somewhere in your life? Not expecting a response, but considering the movie reference, it seems significant.

I pray Jesus bless you richly and grant you fully understanding of the message of your dreams!