Mom's quilts

Archives for 2010
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Mom's quilts

Post by mynewsong »

Dreamed my Mom was gone, ( she's alive IRL) and my family was displaying all the quilts she had ever made marveling over their variety, craftsmanship and seeing her personality and love she put into all of them and seeing how we had always used them in our everyday lives for blankets, tablecloths, even rugs. Some well used, some hardly touched.

At some point one of these quilts got into the hands of an auctioneer and he held the found quilt up in front of a crowd describing it, not knowing whose it was and was getting ready to sell it off.

I suddenly became angry that this man had one of Mom's quilt's and I began to run toward the stage when a "security man" stopped my momentum by pushing me off my determined course to get there. I don't remember what he said, but he was shaking his head as if to say "Let it go", "Don't stop it".

Thanks for your prayerful insights
Christmas blessings!
MNS
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
I Cor 16:13-14
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

MNS:

I really liked your dream---too bad it took an ugly turn, but it might not necessarily mean something bad.

Your description of the quilts seem like the gifts of the Holy Spirit...some are used often by us and become more marvelously beautiful with time. Others are not used nearly enough and get put away for seasons, and maybe our whole lives.

The man wanted to auction off a treasure---this is like using the Lord's gifts for gain, wealth. Your quick response to retrieve it seems to like you know what is happening in the spiritual world and are quick to intercede for others, as the need arises.

The world, the flesh, and even carnal Christians (those who let flesh rule and not Christ) are quick to stop you from interceding and think you should quit, or not bother standing up for the right.

Do you feel your boldness in the Spirit causes others to rise up against you at times?

I believe this dream is encouraging you to stand your ground. Does this ring true to you?

Blessings,

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

aloha my!

Quilts often remind me of covering (prayers as well) or comfort.

The other thing I got from them auctioning off the quilt was the whole do not toss your pearls to swine parable since others will not understand the value of something that is to be treasured.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

MJ and Kielani,
Thanks for your responses.

MJ, you said...
The world, the flesh, and even carnal Christians (those who let flesh rule and not Christ) are quick to stop you from interceding and think you should quit, or not bother standing up for the right.
Do you feel your boldness in the Spirit causes others to rise up against you at times?
I was thinking that being pushed by the security person was a
"course correction" as my angry reponse to get the quilt was not appropriate. The fact the auctioneer had it now-that it had been lost and was now found made me covout that which wasn't really mine anymore. hmmm
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

MJ wrote
Others are not used nearly enough and get put away for seasons, and maybe our whole lives.
I thinks its if "you don't use it, you lose it" Like the man with the talents?