Recurrent house dreams...had another one...

Archives for 2008
From Glory to Glory
Bronze Member

Recurrent house dreams...had another one...

Post by From Glory to Glory »

Dream: I lived in my house, but it wasn’t really my house…it was much nicer and beautifully furnished. I was still painting and decorating and rearranging furniture in different rooms. I realized that there was a whole part of the house that we never went in and it felt like a brand new house to me, since it was new to me. It was also beautifully furnished, but I wanted to rearrange it a bit. The entry way to the house was beautiful with a nice open feel and a beautiful sofa table-type piece that I was moving around to another area of the room. Our bedroom was beautifully painted and wall-papered to match our comforter. I realized that there was another half of the room I was not aware of before. Above the closet, still needed some work…screws visible, a hose from a vacuum cleaner was hidden above the closet trim and part of it was painted to make it fit in with the wall paint. The top half of the room was painted a raisin color (which matches our comforter) and the bottom half was wallpapered. Although, when I looked closer at the wall above the closet, at times, it appeared a deep blue. I was rearranging some wall hangings over the closet. They were made of a material that was a breakable material, painted with a child’s theme of rainbows, etc. Very colorful. Sometimes it appeared that there was no wall space between the top of the closet trim and the ceiling. Other times, I would take a step back and look at it and see that there was plenty of wall space on which to hang wall hangings above the closet. I kept trying to turn the wall hangings over and see which side would look the best (they could be hung by a wire handle on them), but in the end, I realized that they really belonged in one of the children’s rooms.

Most of the house was done, pretty much just some decorating left and some painting here and there. It was a very beautiful house.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Pam
inspiretofly
Bronze Member

Post by inspiretofly »

I know that the symbols are not always the same. But I thought that I read that home dreams are usually about your own life.
Reading yours - I found it encouraging.

Thought of this
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
Psalm 127:1

I thought of the "very colorful" - opportunity for creativity
Open spaces - I am not sure - maybe someone else can share - but I think it is key because it was so much a part of what you were aware of/taking note of.

Are you working on change in your life? Taking time to process it and move the right direction? Thought of this in regards to you hanging the photos.
From Glory to Glory
Bronze Member

Post by From Glory to Glory »

Thanks so much for your help! Yes, I am currently working on many areas of myself and my life...my lack of organization, my sense of laziness, my temper, etc., etc. I feel like I am really in a time of growth and maybe God was trying to encourage me a bit with this dream. Thank you for your insight into this!

Pam