Praise team kicking us out of their church

Archives for 2008
lynnjl83
Platinum Member

Praise team kicking us out of their church

Post by lynnjl83 »

I had this dream on 1-7-08 and just remembered it.

Me and some friends were visiting a another church gathering. We were all on the praise and worship team. It was all young adults except for about 1 lady with us who is in her 40s. The church was wooden and had tables and chairs instead of pews. It was also very hot in there. The man who invited us came over and we were all having a good time fellowshipping with each other.
Then the praise team from that church started singing. That man was on the team and they were in the front, like they were having a service. The odd thing was that nobody in the church was singing except them. We were standing in the back and we knew the song they were singing and started singing along. We didn't know the song in harmony like them but we picked up on it fast. The older lady in our group had a very strong voice and sang the solo part from the back. Then the group in the front got real mad and kicked us out because it was like we were stealing their spotlight. I know I wasn't trying to, but I couldn't speak for anyone else in our group. We left.

any insights? I have a feeling what this talking about but if anyone has anything to add feel free. :)
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God in all its righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Matt. 6:33
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

well, sounds like your picking up the fact someones threatend by you?
The most dangerous ministries are dealing with people who are in the spotlight, and it seems singing in particular can really bring out jealousy I think.
lynnjl83
Platinum Member

Post by lynnjl83 »

very true Krista. It's sad that it gets like this. I will be in prayer for whomever it is. Thanks :)
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God in all its righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Matt. 6:33