Prairie dogs

Archives for 2008
kimibrew

Prairie dogs

Post by kimibrew »

I was at someones's house and saw that she had an aquarium, of sorts that had 3 prairie dogs in it. There was only enough room for all three to turn around but not really move. I was disturbed (majoy animal girl here!) and told her that it wasn't kind to them and she'd need to get them out of there.

The glass container was shaped like an exaggerated old wine bottle that was clear (for viewing these guys), bottle-necked, with a head size whole on the side that they kept trying to escape out of. One would put it's head out but the body wouldn't fit...it kept trying. There was also a 'false front' of sorts. You know how some things of glass have an inner glass part, so water can be put in the surrounding area to keep the inside cool. Well, this was to magnify the animals inside so they looked bigger and were easier to see.

There was never unkindness as the friend and I dealt with this, but I eventually told her if she didn't let them out, I'd have to call the animal cruelty people. She said she still wouldn't so I began to find the number when she finally agreed.

My concern was that there little bodies would be in so much pain since they were not allowed to move freely. I told her she could let them run around her house (I think) or just let them go out the door, which when I looked was a golf course (he he).

In the dream, I was struck that she wasn't trying to be unkind, she just thought they were cute and had never considered them and what it was like for them, only that she really enjoyed seeing them like you would fish.

She actually greeted them when we entered her home.

Thanks for help.

kimibrew
talitha

Post by talitha »

My immediate reaction to this, sis, is that the prairie dogs represent people - so I want to look at the characteristics of the animal to see what sort of people they might represent (if you look them up on Wikipedia, you might find something relevant to you). They're cute animals, and I can see why someone might want to keep them as pets or specimens to look at, though of course this treatment was inappropriate. I'm inclined to think that this might have something to do with the way prophetic people are sometimes treated in churches. "If we could just bottle that" it would make our church look good..... but there is no freedom to move......

anyway, here's a cute painting I found, just for funsies, it's called Prairie Dog Rapture:

bless you
tal
gloryhis
Platinum Member

Post by gloryhis »

Hi Kim,

What stayed with me in this dream was the fact, the animals were able to turn, turning to me is symbolic of change. If that is true for this dream, then the people and I agree with Tal about their being people, anyway, they are able to change( perhaps be saved) in this limited spiritual environment, but unable to move about freely.

This exaggerated wine bottle, with it's false front which seems to make the animals look larger or eaiser to see, seems to me the words and assurances of someone for instance saying: "look, they are growing spiritually and okay". cause they appear larger than they really are. I feel this is an exaggerated conversation by someone to prove to others that the way they are sheltering a person or persons is okay.

Prarie dogs are usually found in deserts, dry places and are so small they are easy targets for snakes and other predators. So a person might think they were doing them a service by bringing them into safety and
kinda guarding them. However if they never go out of that enviornment as you said, the pain will be terrible. They must exercise their faith, the golf course seems to imply that there is a strategic course they must follow and be allowed to make their own mistakes as they learn etc.

P.S. I could see a parent doing this who was trying to protect their children from the world, but it doesn't work.

In Jesus love,
gloryhis
Jesus Is Lord!
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Thanks you all! I couldn't hear the direction for this, but you've both sent me on my little way to understanding! :D

That is the coolest picture. The dream showed the 'before' and the picture shows the 'after'. Amen.

kimibrew